Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A chapter closes

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Merr, our family IS together on this, that is an amazing miracle. I can only imagine how it would be if we were fighting amongst ourselves right now, and pointing fingers and laying blame. Right now my daughter HAS made her choice of where she wants to be and my older son & wife will visit her, wherever, Sunday to talk again about Advance Directives, living wills, and releasing custody of her daughter. Hard subjects even for many healthy adults.

I'm still making healthy meals for myself, watching funny movies, and doing my volunteer work at the Detention Center. Yes, crying at the drop of a hat but that's good. Feeling sucks, but it's better in the long run than stuffing. <~~~ insert wry smile

And...Have YOU made a will and made a decision on an Advance Directive??? It's a gift to your family...and if you're a scrapbooker, you love your family. I know that. Don't let the thought of death scare you from doing this. I've been told none of will actually leave this world alive... I suspect that's true.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Maureen so sorry for what you are going through. It is so hard to watch a loved one spiral downward, but sometimes tough love is the only solution! My heart goes out to you and your family!

Oh Maureen I'm so sorry.. my heart just breaks for you and I hope you'll find comfort in knowing you have done all you could.. and I love that you still have your wonderful sense of humor.. prayers and healing thoughts for all of you
    We do not remember days; we remember MOMENTS

My Gear:
    Nikon D50, Nikon D200, SB600, SB800,
    Nikkor F1.4 50mm, various zoom lenses
    PSE 8.0 for Mac and a wonderful 21.5 IMAC
    Wacom Intuos 4

Maureen, Never having to live through a situation like this, I can only imagine the pain and heartache you and your family are feeling. My heart aches for you all and I pray God wraps his arms around you and takes your hurt away. ((HUGS))
    Nikon D700
    Lens Nikon 24-70 2.8, 50mm 1.4, 60mm 2.8 macro, Flash SB600
    Dell PC, PSE5 and Wacom Bamboo fun

Peace to you. It sounds like you have worked your own way to peace but I am sending it anyway.

Such a grief and loss.
    just call me Uma

I guess I SHOULD remove the blinkie.
    BUT I'm not gonna!

Retired Creative Team Member and always family

Maureen my thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Carolyn

Blog: House of Amson

My Camera: Nikon D300
    Lenses Include: Nikon 18-200, Nikon 50 mm 1.8 and 1.4, Tokina Macro 100mm 2.8, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 (newest indulgence)

7. Maureen, thinking of you as I read your words and praying for peace in the meanwhile....
    shhbabymine (sarah)
    canon rebel xti
    PSE5
    my gallery

Oh Maureen, I am so sorry for you. Don't know what to say, but I will be thinking of you.

I don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said. I haven't been around here long so I don't know the history, but I know when a mama's heart is broken. I hope you continue to find peace throughout each day.
    My Camera: Nikon D700
    My Software: Adobe CS5
    My Computer Platform: PC

I am so sorry to hear this Maureen. It is a hard road to travel down. I know the heartache of alcohol addiction in my family and AA meetings are a great help. I know the heartache and pain of a child that won`t speak to you. My heart aches every day from the loss. I keep on praying that she will see what is happening to her and get help.I know the Good Lord is giving me the strength I need to keep on going. I will keep on praying for you Maureen and for your daughter. God Bless you and your family and it is great you are all together in this situation and helping one another. I have a will and my wishes are known to my children. Everyone should have a will and instructions left for their family. Hugs Ang

Maureen, so sorry you had to make such a tough decision, but sometimes it is the right one. Best wishes for you.

I'm so sad to read this. I'm so sorry you are going through this, Maureen.
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

My goodness, that is tough. Your words are wise. I can only pray for peace to all of you. Thank you for sharing Maureen.
    * Aino *

My gallery

: Nikon D800 & Nikon Df with various lenses.
    : Lightroom and PSCS6

I'm so sorry for your pain. This sounds like a truly horrible situation.
    Connie

knowing when to let go; one of the toughest decisions we have to make in so many scenarios in our lives. peace and strenght to you, maureen.
    Debbie

I'm so sorry. Thinking of you and your family during this tough time. I hope things get better.
    Olympus E-3 SLR
    Photoshop CS4
    Lightroom

It seems that you had to make a very hard but necessary choice. I am so very sorry. Breathe in. Breathe out. Praying.
    Shar

Just passing through.

PSE-9 and CS5 on Windows 7
    PC
    Canon Rebel xsi

18. So sorry you had to go thru this, Maureen! I'm glad you made a decision and have a good support group; you can't help someone who fights you (and threatened you!). Hugs and prayers going your way. Hope you can move forward now in peace ((hugs))
    Francine

My Gallery

Software: Adobe Photoshop CS5
    Gear: Nikon D50 w/28-80 mm, 70-300 Tamron lenses
    Lightroom 3

19. I am so sorry to read this Maureen. You and your family will continue to be in my prayers. Peace to you...
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12