Thread: Tagging, tagging, and more tagging

Tagging, tagging, and more tagging

Almost have my new Mac set up. Had to wait for CS5 software so I haven't been doing any scrapping. Hopefully, I'll be up and running in the next few days.

But I did download the ACDSee for the Mac and have been tagging, tagging, and tagging.

I really loved ACDSee when I was on a Windows platform. Have been using Bridge for the last 3 years but prefer ACDSee. Thought I would make my categories a little more specific this time. It is taking me forever to tag!! Wondering if I'll ever finish! I feel like a hoarder! Do you know how much stuff I have accumulated over the last three years!!

Hope to see you in the gallery soon.
    Terry

Terry's Tales

Gear: Nikon D60
    Software: CS4
    Platform: Mac

I hear you! I am tagging in between every chance I get and it's taking forever and there is no end in sight LOL! Horders we are indeed!!!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

I have let my tagging go for a little too long. MUST get back into it!
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Can someone explain to this newby about the software you're using and tagging, because if you're tagging your scrapping elements and you've been doing this for 3 years, I can see how you might have, uhm, a *little* stash. I've only been buying since December and it's growing daily.
    My Camera: Nikon D700
    My Software: Adobe CS5
    My Computer Platform: PC

I have only 12,000 items. I keep my numbers down. Besides the face that I don't buy often, I rotate things out. Every year or so I go through my stash and a good bit of what I don't use regularly I put on my EHD for storage. I probably have twice that number items between what I keep on my computer and what I have in storage.

Terry, you must have a LOT of stuff! It only takes me about 3 hours to tag everything if I start from scratch. Happy tagging!
    Sarah
    Equipment: Canon T2i (550D) with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, 55-250mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, and 400mm f/5.6L lenses
    Software: Windows 8, PSE 10 (Editor), PSE 6 (Organizer), and PSCS 4

I've been using Photoshop Organizer to organize my digi supplies. I need to spend more time organizing and tagging.
    aka Sarah

My Tools: 1 Awesome 20" iMac, a Canon Rebel T3i, a Canon G12, and an iPhone 4S
    iPhoto, Aperture, PSE 9, Organizer

I tag for about 20 minutes each week so I can keep everything in order. I honestly would be lost without ACDSee! Happy tagging and hope to see you in the gallery soon!

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

I'm still getting mine organized! I have finished three designers! (I keep all my designers goodies seperate on my hard drive) now when I dl something, I tag it right away! Still dreading all of Ali's goodies! If anyone has pointers or advice for that one, please share!! Also, last year DH gave me a new computer for Christmas with a 1TB hard drive! Thought that would last for a long time! It's already 3/4 full!!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Terry, I DO understand about how much stuff one can accumulate. Oh do I understand...
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Jealous that you HAVE to tag 'cuz you got a new Mac... Hope to see you back in the gallery soon, Terry!
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

I just spent five full days (listening to David McCullough's Greater Journey, A few books on psychology, and a meditation class on iTunes) tagging 115 GB of 1Designer Digitals files on ACDSee.
    MAde me a little CRAZY until I realized that the 5 days it took me to sort all that beauty was many years of work for our great designers. Now, I just get to BASK in the beauty of one click flocks of Bird or Butterflies or FLowers..... not to MENTION Alpha or FRAMES!!
    or PINK Paper or Blendables....etc.
    YES, it WAS worth it.

AND NOW....I can make pages creatively with a real working sense of WHAT I have!!
    just call me Uma

I guess I SHOULD remove the blinkie.
    BUT I'm not gonna!

I think it's going to take me longer than five days! I know it will be worth it in the end. Just wish I were near the end and not the beginning.
    Terry

Terry's Tales

Gear: Nikon D60
    Software: CS4
    Platform: Mac

Happy tagging, Terry! I have sent hours upon hours tagging too - but my categories are broad.

Kim - all my Ali word art is together. My finger gets a cramp when scrolling through that folder. One day I should make sub folders!
    Amy Mallory

MY BLOG

Quote Originally Posted by mymalloryboys View Post
    Happy tagging, Terry! I have sent hours upon hours tagging too - but my categories are broad.

Kim - all my Ali word art is together. My finger gets a cramp when scrolling through that folder. One day I should make sub folders!
    LOL Amy! I understand the cramping!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17