Thread: Hi!

Hi!

Good Morning everyone!

My name is Sarah. SallyJesse is just an old nickname of mine. I joined a while ago, but haven't been posting. I'm currently living in VA, but my DH is in the Navy, so we won't be staying here forever (yeah!). We have 2 kids, ages 7 and 4.

I've been scrapbooking since 1996, but have only been digi scrapbooking since about 2010. I'm totally in love with digi scrapbooking now and I just loving buying from DD. I still have so many paper supplies, so I still paper scrapbook too. I also am a {Project Life} fan and just started my 4th year of {project life} book. Love that project!

I have some layouts to load, but I need to figure out this gallery.

Hi Sally! Glad you came out of the shadows I am doing a digital Project Life for the first time and I am loving it! Hope you figure out the gallery soon so we can see some of your work We are a helpful bunch so just let us know if you have any specific questions. We love to help people around here Welcome!

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

I uploaded a layout, twice actually, into what I thought was my gallery, but I can't find it. Hmmmm.......

4. Hi Sarah,

Thanks for introducing yourself, Sarah. It's fun to know how enthused you are about our hobby and it is more fun when we share our work in the gallery so I hope you'll try again.

Usually when a layout does not load it is because the size is too big. Make sure to resize your image to 700 x 700 pixels and then try again. It should work.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Welcome to DD!! You will absolutely love it here! Such a warm and friendly community and a shop full of goodies and a gallery full of wonderful inspiration!! Whenever you have a question post it here in the forum, someone will always help you out! Another tip for uploading: after you change your image size, when you save, save for web! Can't wait to see your creations in the gallery!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Nice to meet you!!! Designer Digitals is the best!!! I am currently introducing a group of my friends to digital and this is the website I pointed them all to!
    Brenda - wife, mother, animal lover!
    Canon Rebel T3i
    Windows 7 & PSE 11

Quote Originally Posted by digigrandma View Post
    Usually when a layout does not load it is because the size is too big. Make sure to resize your image to 700 x 700 pixels and then try again. It should work.
    I think that's my issue. Thanks!!

Welcome, Sarah -- we're delighted to have you join us here at DD, and I look forward to seeing your pages in the gallery.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome to DD, Sarah! It's wonderful to see you come out of lurkdom I hope you figured your upload problem out, I have done the size thing myself often enough...
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Welcome Sarah!! You are going to love it here at DD! Looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.
    Terry

Terry's Tales

Gear: Nikon D60
    Software: CS4
    Platform: Mac

Welcome, Sarah! This is a great place to shop, chat and learn - hope you have a lot of fun!
    Sharon

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome, this is a wonderfully supportive community. Any questions, just ask!
    Carolyn

Blog: House of Amson

My Camera: Nikon D300
    Lenses Include: Nikon 18-200, Nikon 50 mm 1.8 and 1.4, Tokina Macro 100mm 2.8, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 (newest indulgence)

Thanks for coming out to introduce yourself and WELCOME!! This is a very happy place to make home

Welcome Sarah. You will love the community here. I look forward to seeing some of your pages.
    -Joanie
    Gear: Nikon D800, 50mm f/1.4G, Canon 5D / EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF
    EF 50mm f/1.4, Canon G10, Wacom Graphire
    Software: CS3, Noiseware

Welcome Sarah. I'm glad you've taken the time to say hello!
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Welcome Sarah! It's nice to meet you and I'm looking forward to seeing your pages.
    My Camera: Nikon D700
    My Software: Adobe CS5
    My Computer Platform: PC

Ah ha! I figured it out, finally. It was too large and that's why it wasn't loading up. I loaded layout of my DD. It's really poor quality though, the full version don't look so fuzzy. I'll have to go thru my layouts and post some more (that I'm sure are DD products).

Thanks all! Great to be here!

-Sarah

ETA: Oh and look! My "view gallery" link is up too. I was wondering how to get that link. Love it!

Hi Sarah! Glad you're here and getting involved. I know you'll love the DD community! The forums and gallery were pretty confusing for me for a while. Ask questions if you have them, we love to help!There are a LOT of fun challenges and activities that go on all the time...check the blog regularly for those!
    My pages look fuzzy when I upload if I haven't run an unsharp mask on the reduced size image prior to saving for web. Could that be it?
    Also, we certainly love seeing DD products in the gallery, but you are allowed to upload other pages, too. Contests do require you to submit entries that use all DD products.
    We look forward to getting to know you better!
    Connie

Welcome, Sarah! you will love the warmth, the help and sense of community present here at DD!
    Debbie

Welcome Sarah! I just came out of lurkdom too, and it is such a warm friendly group! You will love it here. I found the forum at bit confusing at first too, (coming from another site) but just "click" around and ask questions, they will always be answered, and have fun! Glad to have you here!

21. welcome, from another former lurker love your first layout...looking forward to seeing more.
    heather

Happy to have you here, Sarah!
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Nice to meet you Sarah!! You will LOVE it here !!
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

Software/stuff: PS CS3, Lightroom 2, Wacom Intuos3
    Camera: Nikon D300s & backup d40x, 55-200 4.5vr, 50mm 1.4G

Thanks everyone!

I need to load more pages, but I didn't really keep track of all the products used, so I'll have to go back and make sure most or all of them are DD products.

I do have several quick-pages from Katie and Lynn, is it silly to post those too? I always feel like I'm majorly cheating by using quick-pages. <blush>

25. Welcome, Sarah!

Quick pages are NOT a cheat! They are practical! lol

I look forward to seeing more of your pages. You have come to the right place for inspiration and support!
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

26. Welcome from me too, Sarah! I think we are in for a treat when you have time to load some more pages . . . your first one is darling.

I think that you will find several military wives here . . . and some of retired military too. So, you are in good company!
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac