Thread: Looking forward to this new adventure!

Smile Looking forward to this new adventure!

I am brand new to scrapbooking, but not photography. I shoot with a Nikon D300. I own a couple of great lens, but would love to get an 85mm 1.4. Have rented it a couple of times...great portrait lens. I use PS CS5 and Lightroom 3.

Anyway, I have lots of great pics and many old snapshots that are not such great photography, but they are great family memories. Unfortunately, I have never organized any of my stuff.

I am a teacher and there is little time during the school year, but my goal is to spend part of my summer making digital scrapbooks of all of my children. I spent the last couple of hours looking for resources and came across Designer Essentials. What a great resource!

I don't usually do a lot of forum posting, but I will definitely be stalking for advice.

You will fit right in Welcome! Don't be shy with the questions... we were all beginners once and the members here are extremely helpful. Knowing how to function in PS is half the battle. I bet you will find it a cakewalk .Hope you choose to share your work when you get some layouts done!

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

It'll be so nice to have a background in photoshop before tackling digi scrapbooking!! I didn't know anything when I started! Hope you share your creations with us!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Welcome, and stop your stalking, it's a lot of fun.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Welcome to a fellow Michigander! Good luck getting organized - that seems to be a common topic around here.
    Beckie

Welcome to DD, I'm sure you are going to love it around here! I just received the 85mm in the mail the other day, it was my Christmas present I do love it, it's a great lens! I hope you will do something with all those great shots I'm sure you have, please share when you do
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Welcome to DD -- we're delighted to have you here. As a former teacher, I know what you mean about not having a lot of time during the school year. You'll find lots of inspiration here, and I look forward to seeing your photos and pages.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome and hope to see you around, (it becomes addicting!). Like Kim said, it is definitely a bonus to know Photoshop before you start digi scrapbooking, (I learned it as I went along as well).

I am an avid photographer too, so its just a natural progression to get into scrapbooking, and a fun way to combine 2 passions. My kids make fun of me, because I have 50,000 pictures on my computer (90%) of them, but I know some day they will appreciate those photos and scrapbooks!

Well poke around and have fun and they are a warm, friendly bunch here, and always willing to answer any questions.

9. Hello and welcome!

I didn't start scrapping until after I retired from teaching. Good for you to plan to start now. With your background in Photoshop you'll be creating pages for your photos in no time.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57