Thread: Hi there!

1. Hi there!

Hi, I was nosing the forum and decided to not lurk, but say hi ASAP!
    My name is Maaike, I am a former paperscrapper who turned digi 2 years ago, but still like to get my hands dirty once in a while!
    I live in the Netherlands with my husband and two sons and 2 weird cats!

Well, off to take a better peek in the forum now!

Welcome, Maaike! I'm also a former paper scrapper but have been totally digital for about 3.5 years. You're going to love it here -- so much inspiration!
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome! You are going to love it here.
    Terry

Terry's Tales

Gear: Nikon D60
    Software: CS4
    Platform: Mac

Hello! I have been a paper scrapper up until now. I am just now making the switch. But I also like to get my hands "dirty" so will probably still paper scrap once in a while. This place ROCKS!!
    Brenda - wife, mother, animal lover!
    Canon Rebel T3i
    Windows 7 & PSE 11

Welcome! I too was a paper scrapper... love being able to scrap without the mess! Hope to see you in the gallery soon!

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

Hi Maaike! So glad you decided to take a peek! You will enjoy being a part of this community, for sure. Sounds like you are a cat lover...I have three
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

welcome to DD!

Welcome Maaike! I never paper scrapped but since starting digital scrapping I do like to make the occasional hybrid project and dabble in art journaling. 2 weird cats? I'm a cat lover and believe that is just a part of their nature and charm!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Welcome to DD, Maaike! So nice of you to say Hi! I look forward to seeing you in the gallery. :O)
    ~Kelly

10. welcome!
    heather

It's great to have you here - welcome!

So glad you are with us! welcome!!!
    Amy Mallory

MY BLOG

Welcome Maaike! Nice to meet you and look forward to your pages.
    Beckie

Welcome!! You will just love it here at DD!! Can't wait to see your creations!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Welcome to DD Maaike! What a fascinating name, I love it! I think it's the spelling that makes it different, I have seen it with just one "a" or an "e".... anyway, it's great to have you here, can't wait to see your pages!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

16. Glad to have you with us, Maaike! Welcome! I hope you feel right at home.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

17. Wow, I shure do feel right at home! What a warm welcome! So good to read there are more former paper scrappers here and weird cat lovers!hahaha
    And Anke, are you dutch too?? Anke shure is a dutch name!
    In Germany some woman are called Maike with one a and some in Holland are written as Meike. But my version is the most common here I think!

I hope to make some pages to put into the gallery soon! I have so little hours in one day and so much to do!

Welcome Maaike, and I know how you feel. So much to do, so little time! DD is a great place to be and I hope you have some time soon to join in. Looking forward to "seeing" you in the gallery!

19. Nice to meet you... I came from the paper world too.... and I still do a mix of scrapbook pages.... Digital will change both scrapbook worlds and make both better!
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

So glad you found us - I'm pretty new too - you will love all the warm people and awesome inspiration you'll find here.
    My Camera: Nikon D700
    My Software: Adobe CS5
    My Computer Platform: PC

Hi Maaike! Welcome - I'm newer and do more looking than posting. I switched from paper to digi several years ago and love it!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon
    DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

22. Welcome to Designer Digital's Maaike!
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

Hi!

Welcome... from another newbie!

(Wow... the Netherlands... not very far from Belgium, but I don't go there often enough... and... loving your nickname, it reminds me of a character of a great novel I read a few years ago... "Ontaarde Moeders" door Renate Dorrestein...) Well, anyway, I hope you will have a great time on the forum and in this community!

Welcome! It's great to have you here. Would love to see your pages in the gallery :-)

Welcome from me too! Hope you get the chance to post a page in the gallery soon - it's a great place for inspiration!
    Sharon

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome! I am a former paper scrapper as well. In fact, I turned digi by accident when I stumbled across some classes in photoshop and had so much fun that I never went back! We're glad that you're here and really to look to getting to know you and seeing your work!
    Connie

27. What's up everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. Hopefully I posted this in the right section

Hello to daffodil1003! Welcome to the forum! Hope to 'see' more of you!
    Connie