Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's a sad day--Barb Hunt

She was a beautiful person who was so generous with her comments and feedback. I will miss her.

Such sad news... she was such a positive presence here... one of the members who truly makes DD the community we love. Hopefully her family will keep her gallery active here so that we can look back from time-to-time and remember her.
    Julie DeGuia
    Kennewick, WA
    My Blog

I'm so saddened to read this news I'm so sorry, She will indeed be missed.
    thinking of her family at this time.
    xxx
    read all about it!... -->http://britgirl.typepad.co.uk/
    My DD gallery!
    I use; CS6 and LR5 on my beloved iMac!
    I'm a Canon girl I have a 5D MRK II.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kathie02 View Post
    Such sad news...Barb was an amazing, caring person. I will keep her family in my prayers. This makes me think of what a wonderful place we have here...we have the chance to touch and be touched by others that we never get to meet in real life. I will miss Barb.
    Well said, Kathie. It is true we meet very nice people here at DD. Barb was definitely a kind, cheery presence here.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

Terry, reading back through the interview with Barb brought a huge lump to my throat as I remembered how much I enjoyed having her as a student in the class that you so "sneakily" enrolled her in. That was my first intro to her warm and caring nature ... and she worked so hard at learning every step I taught ... while encouraging the other students and praising their work. She was a very special lady and I'm glad that I had the privilege of getting to know her.

My condolences to you and all of Barb's family. She will be missed.
    Pattie

Software: Photoshop CS5 - Photoshop Elements 10 - Adobe Lightroom 3

Gear: Canon30D with 50mm 1.4 and IS 28-135mm lenses - Canon Digital Elph DD1000

Visit My Gallery -- My Blog

Oh wow - my tummy flipped over when I read this. Wow.this is really sad. what a TRULY great lady Barb was. She never seemed to miss commenting on every one of my layouts..... and I know she will be a missed part of this wonderful community. May her dear soul RIP.
    my blog
    my gallery

Tools of the trade :
    Nikon chick D700 D200 D70
    lenses : 70-200;18-70 50mm 1.4 85mm 1.8 18-200 Flashing chick SB800
    macbookpro chick
    The chick needs - Nikon 24-70 2.8 ed & nikon 70-200 !

Such sad news for the DD family today. Thank you for letting us know. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

Thank you for letting us know, Terry... my thoughts and prayers to go her family. She will be greatly missed...
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

This is so sad. Rest in peace Barb.

Barb will be truly missed here. So sad to hear this.

Such sad news. Her family and friends are in my prayers.
    Carolyn

Blog: House of Amson

My Camera: Nikon D300
    Lenses Include: Nikon 18-200, Nikon 50 mm 1.8 and 1.4, Tokina Macro 100mm 2.8, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 (newest indulgence)

this is sad. so sorry for her and her family.

Such sad news. I will be praying for her family. Such a loss to our DD community. She will be missed.

Merr, thank you so much for posting the link to your interview with Barb. Dear Sawdust, you are loved.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

I will always remember her sweet smile and her encouraging comments... a lovely lady missed by all... thanks for keeping us posted Terry and blessings to you as well... such a good friend... smiling that she is now at peace...

16. Thank you Terry for letting us know. I have been wondering how she was doing. Thinking of you and condolences to her family.
    Susan

I'm just home from a day out and so sad to read this. She was such a kind and thoughtful lady and will be missed. My heart goes out to her family.
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Oh what sad news . Thanks for letting us know Terry. I will keep her and her family in my thoughts. I so much hoped she would recover. She will be missed.

I was fortunate enough to have met Barb in person several times. She was every bit as sweet and caring in person as in her comments and her gallery. We were to meet again in January and I am so saddened that this will not happen. I know that she will be missed greatly and remembered fondly by all whose lives she touched. I send my sincere condolences to her family and say good-bye to a special lady.
    Lynn (also known as Lynnie!)

20. I am so saddened by this news. Barb was such an incredibly generous and loving woman. We corresponded through email and chats where her enthusiasm was just infectious. She will certainly be missed.
    My prayers are with the family and friends during these difficult days.
    Sara

My DD Gallery: sarahorton
    My Blog

That is so sad to hear. My thoughts are with her family and friends. She will be missed.
    -anx -

My Gallery
    My toys: Canon 5D mkII, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS, Canon 100 mm f/2.8 macro, Sigma 50 mm f/1.4, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8
    iMac with Lightroom 5, Adobe CS6 Design Premium

Oh I am so sad to read this and thank you Terry for letting us know. I look at her beautiful smile in her avatar and that is how I will like to remember, the kind and generous lady who embraced this craft and the people here. I hope her family take solace in the beautiful legacy she has left behind for them as they look through her beautiful pages and hear her words telling the stories. So incredibly sad.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

23. This is such sad news. May God's peace be with her family.
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

WE are gifted to know each other here in this family of DD in ways no one else knows us. Just this very night, after putting the husband on his plane north, taking my widowed mother out to dinner and coming home to my quiet wreck of an empty house.... I realized, no one who I have been serving all these days of celebration really gets what I do with my camera and my pages.

EXCEPT you/us/SAWDUST!!

PEace to all of us as we make our way though this brief life and leave a trace.
    just call me Uma

I guess I SHOULD remove the blinkie.
    BUT I'm not gonna!

I truly understand that sentiment Uma. May we all leave a footprint as precious, genuine, and sincere as Barb's.

This is such sad news... My heart aches for her family. I only knew her for a short while but will miss her greatly . I have been thinking of her often. Thank you for letting us know.
    Jeannie
    My gear:
    Canon 7D , Canon Rebel XSi. Lens: Tamron 28-75 2.8 / Canon 50mm 1.8 /Macro 90mm 2.8 / Canon 55-250mm 4.5 / PSE 8/ Lightroom 3

27. So very sad to hear this. Reading the interview and all of your comments, it is very clear that Barb was a most special lady! It was certainly evident the love she had for her family as I looked through her gallery of beautiful pages! My prayers go out to her family and friends during this most difficult time.
    LeAnne

Oh, I miss her already. My heart aches. She was such a genuine and kind person. I felt like we spent face-to-face time together even though it was only time spent online here and on each other's blog.

I'm thankful she knew the Lord and she is pain-free and happy there with Him now. My prayers go out to her family who are certainly feeling a huge loss.
    started paper scrapping: Oct '01
    started digi scrapping: Feb '09

my blog, resume, etc: Muse Flash
    my GALLERY HERE AT DESIGNER DIGITALS

Seeing her joy in creating her pages and her improvement in skills always made me so happy. I feel so privileged to have had her as a cyber friend. I will never forget her, she was very dear to me.
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

30. such a tragedy. prayers are lifted for her family and for you as well terry. bless you.
    wendy
    Along for the Ride

camera: canon rebel XTI
    software: photoshop cs5

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast