Thread: Hi everyone!

1. Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie to the world of digitial... well... EVERYTHING! I have Photoshop Elements and I use it generally just to edit my photos. However, the more beautiful digital "things" i see, the more I am inclined to try my hand out at something electronic.

I thought I'd start simple and just make our Advent activity cards... but I'm BEYOND intimidated! I don't even know how to just add text to these. Ugh...

Anyone want to recommend a "digital for dummies" tutorial?

2. Hi ARDriggers! First of all, WELCOME! (and, you are not a dummy! All of us were newbies at one time and we all learn together here!)

The very best place to start would be with this tutorial by Cassie Jones:
    Getting Started: Your First Layout - Digital Scrapbooking Tutorials

It will lead you step by step to create a digital layout while learning how to use your Photoshop Elements software. It even comes with the papers you need to create a layout or you can switch and use other papers.

Also, click on (tips) up in the menu bar and choose from lots of how to advice articles.

Best of luck! You're going to love digital scrapping.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

Yes, a big welcome! Just jump in! You can't hurt anything by trying and playing. Merrilee's recommendations are the perfect place to start.

Welcome! Digital scrapbooking is so enjoyable! You will love it once you feel more comfortable. This a wonderful, supportive place to learn.
    Jeannie
    My gear:
    Canon 7D , Canon Rebel XSi. Lens: Tamron 28-75 2.8 / Canon 50mm 1.8 /Macro 90mm 2.8 / Canon 55-250mm 4.5 / PSE 8/ Lightroom 3

Welcome! I'm still in the transition from paper to digital - so far I LOVE it!!! This site is THE site - so so much information and lots of people willing to answer all your questions!!!
    Brenda - wife, mother, animal lover!
    Canon Rebel T3i
    Windows 7 & PSE 11

Welcome!

Jump in, jump in! I was clueless to the max when I arrived, and didn't even know how to formulate questions. I got oodles of help here and now love love love scrapping.

We're not dummies, we're just learners. Try Merr's tutorial recommendation. That will get you started with the best methods, and you won't have to unlearn bad or slow habits. Guess how I know!!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/Mavericks
    PSE11/LR5

We were all once where you are. Merr's suggestion is excellent, and this community is so supportive. The forum is a great place to come if you have questions. Welcome!
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome!!! When I started a few years ago I checked out the same tutorial Merr suggested! It helped so much and helped hook me!! Digital scrapbooking is so fun! The gallery here at DD is do fun to go through and the community is just amazing! Good luck and can't wait to see your creations!

Like Linda said, we have all been there. Check out the tutorials, they are very helpful. There is also a wealth of information on the web. I really hope to see a lot of you around here
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Welcome... looks like you have already received great advice! Hope to see some of your work in the gallery!

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

Welcome, welcome, welcome! Stick with it, you'll be scrapping in no time. :O)
    ~Kelly

12. Welome to DD!! Merrilee gave you the advice I was going to, so I will just say give it a try and you will be hooked in no time flat! Also, feel free to ask any questions you may have....everyone here is more than happy to help!!
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast

Do Cassie's tutorials and ask questions in the forums and it won't be long before you are a whiz! Welcome!
    My Gallery

My Blog: Feed Your Spirit

Cameras: Canon Rebel XS DSLR and Canon Power Shot SD900 Digital Elph point-n-shoot
    Software: PSE8 and Lightroom 2

Welcome! You will love it here at Designer Digitals! Take a look at the gallery and you will get tons of inspiration from all of the layouts posted. Can't wait to see your first post!
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC