Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lynn's 5.30pm Scraplift (11/12/11)

I know some people find it hard to use a lot of patterned paper when they scrap so this template is a great example of using it.

So that might spark some more ideas for using just small amounts of patterned paper, maybe as squares or as smaller strips.

well I got my page started, but now it is dinner time. I'll be back to finish up! Thanks so much, Lynn!
    Amy Mallory

MY BLOG

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Grieveson View Post
    I know some people find it hard to use a lot of patterned paper when they scrap so this template is a great example of using it.

So that might spark some more ideas for using just small amounts of patterned paper, maybe as squares or as smaller strips.
    I agree--this is a great way to use patterned papers!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Lots of the StudioDD templates in particular are fabulous for using patterned paper in beautiful ways, so if you do struggle with the challenge of scrapping patterns (but love the look of them!) playing with a few templates is a great way to take that step.

(Plus it's much easier than "cutting" all that paper into squares and strips yourself LOL. Nothing like the ease of just clipping the paper onto the masks and repeating again and again until you find the pattern you like best!!)

Lovely choice of page! Thanks for the freebie, will have a go later, 11.20 pm here so too late to start now yawn.
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 12 for Mac, run on my Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D or still my trusty IXUS 950IS ( though it clunks a lot opening its shutter), or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

6. Lynn - I just got done with dinner so I'll have to make my page later ... I added the template (thanks to Katies link) to my wish list for my next cart full.... love the pink plaid. I just love these challenges so many different ideas all with the same instructions and such different results.
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

It's also amazing how stitching adds so much depth and dimension to a layout without overwhelming it. And Lisa's layout is a great example of that.

So another idea to lift from this/challenge is to try stitching down all or nearly all your layers when while you are scrapping a page.

Hello everyone! Gorgeous Freebie Lynn! Love that plaid!

I love patterned papers!!

That's great Deb, I'll look forward to seeing your page later! :-)

Exciting to see the first page in the gallery :-)

Thank you Lynn for the lovely freebies and I am off to have my dinner!!

13. Thanks for hosting this chat ! - I'm looking forward to Katie's at 9
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

Almost missed this one! I refreshed my screen three times before the chat showed up!! I was beginning to think I had the wrong time!!
    Thanks for the great freebie Lynn!
    Jane

Don't forget you all still have just over a half hour to finish up and post :-)

It's fun watching the gallery pop with all the scraplifts and the pink.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

thanks so much for hosting Lynn!

I'll be closing this thread shortly and be sure to come back at 9pm EST for Mask + Blend chat with me
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Thanks for coming everyone! It was lots of fun and I hope you've been inspired to think about ways to use patterned paper, ways to make templates your own, ways to use lots of stitching in your layouts and ways to use color. So much inspiration from one layout LOL!

Remember you have another half hour to finish your layouts and post them in the gallery. Then I'll be choosing a winner. Good luck!

I've missed the last bit but will read the forum later. Thanks again, Lynn for the goodies and hosting the forum!
    Jacqueline

22. great inspiration in your chat today, Lynn. Thanks!
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345