Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Comfort & Joy Chat with Pattie - 11/12/11 Sale Event

There are so many things that give me comfort but I can honestly say that my camera and scrapbooking have kept me sane and on an even keel since I lost my hubby. This obession of mine keeps me totally occupied. Of course I love chocolate and any comfort foods etc. but this is my passion for now!

2. Pattie .... When Mamaw is having a good day and there is something cooking in the kitchen... the aroma .... it brings a big smile to my face when she is happily making bacon... brownies .... peanut butter fudge now that gives me great joy!
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

Back to food again (which my explain the span of my hips!) ... how about FAMILY favorites? Could make a great "compare and contrast" page ... who love sweets in your family? Who prefers salt and crunch to sweets? What do you fix for special birthday dinners?
    Pattie

Software: Photoshop CS5 - Photoshop Elements 10 - Adobe Lightroom 3

Gear: Canon30D with 50mm 1.4 and IS 28-135mm lenses - Canon Digital Elph DD1000

Visit My Gallery -- My Blog

4. I've been off scrapping. As I said, I have trouble finishing a page in an hour, but I'm actually almost done.

5. Comfort? Food!

Joy? A happy little family!

Debbie ... I'm laughing at your mention of bacon. I should do a page about bacon and why the smell of it reminds me of my Mom. Since she moved into the mother-in-law apartment of my little brothers house she ALWAYS sets off the smoke alarms throughout the entire dwelling when she cooks bacon. We now say "Breakfast is ready!" when we hear the smoke alarm!
    Pattie

7. Patty .... digital scrapbooking has been a huge source of sanity and creativity for me this year...... did you notice how quiet I was during Janas live webinar ... I didn't ask a question .... I just listened .... I might add very intently ! Quiets tough for me....

just back from a walk in the 'hood with Fenway... brought me great comfort and joy... except for the 70 mph winds that are blowing down from the hinterlands... I'll play catch up on the chat now!

9. Know about the smoke alarm.... it goes off a lot when she cooks ....lol

Anybody but me getting hungry looking at the layouts appearing in the gallery?!?!
    Pattie

Looks like lots of folks can come up with ideas for "Comfort" ... let's hear some of your "Joy"!
    Pattie

DH & I (and UK family) are curry addicts! which I think is England's national food now
    Jacqueline

It brings me joy to have all my chicks home in the nest ... I love going to bed at night knowing that everyone is sleeping in his or her old bedroom.
    Pattie

14. Mamaw has the sweet tooth in the family 2 deserts are the norm and have been since i was little.... apple pie...cake, lasagna you have to have fruit salad. But I never noticed this when I was young.... she adds sugar to her salad ... and I'm not talking a dash... and she weighs about 110 it is so not fare.

I'm signing off to grab some breakfast - thanks again Patti - see y'all next hour and the next.....
    hugs
    Jacqueline

How about picking a person and listing what he/she does that brings you comfort and/or joy? My hubby does so much for me (and I truly don't deserve him.) For example, when the children were infants and cried out to be fed during the night I never had to leave the comfort of my warm bed. He'd fetch the baby and after I'd nursed the child back to sleep it was Daddy who carried them back to their rooms.
    Pattie

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline T View Post
    DH & I (and UK family) are curry addicts! which I think is England's national food now
    LOL--I think Mel's [Britgirls] family is quite fond of curry... Kelly came home talking of it... we're a mashed potatoes and gravy kind of comfort food family
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Amy my gd of 8 sang in the school choir at the Remembrance Day service yesterday and the song was called we are all one people. That gave me a lot of joy yesterday as she now understands what it is all about.

Wow you all are amazing, pages are awesome.

Dixie is my "person" of comfort. The unconditional love of a puppy and enless desire to snuggle can't be beat! Although Randy's right up there and Kelly too!... don't want any hurt feelings! LOL!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Continuing upon the "explore the senses" line of thought ... what SIGHTS bring you comfort & joy? Autumn foliage? The stained glass window in your place of worship? The eyelashes on a sleeping child's cheeks?
    Pattie

For me there is nothing like my husband's laugh. Makes me smile. I would use up the letter limit to list here what brings me joy ( :

The blue sky of fall against the fall colored leaves is an awesome, joyful site.

Thanks Pattie! Love the theme and the word arts!!

Cincirachel just posted a layout that made me chuckle because she included a stack of fabric ... I LOVE to look at the beautiful colors in my fabric closet ... even though I haven't sewn in a coon's age!
    Pattie

26. senses.... fresh shaved legs and a clean pair of jeans ..... it's pretty good !

Hobbies. Digi scrapping is a given ... but do you have others that you turn to for comfort? I love the methodical rhythm of knitting when my mind is jumbled.
    Pattie

Fall is my fav time of year!! Love the changing colors of the trees!! We have had our first winter storm so I guess it is here to stay!!

Quote Originally Posted by minideb View Post
    senses.... Fresh shaved legs and a clean pair of jeans ..... It's pretty good !
    lol!
    Pattie

Six more minutes to get those layouts in ladies! Then I'll be using the Random Number Generator to choose the winner of a $10 Gift Certificate to DD!
    Pattie

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast