Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Comfort & Joy Chat with Pattie - 11/12/11 Sale Event

Smells! (Yes, I said smells.) Close your eyes for a moment and try to retrieve a smell that brings you comfort or joy from memory. What is it?
    Pattie

Software: Photoshop CS5 - Photoshop Elements 10 - Adobe Lightroom 3

Gear: Canon30D with 50mm 1.4 and IS 28-135mm lenses - Canon Digital Elph DD1000

Visit My Gallery -- My Blog

Patti, thanks for the freebie. Let me start by saying that I have grown to dislike Christmas due to so many stress-filled holidays over the past few years. Fortunately, my young kids are starting to turn me around and see the joy of the season. Comfort for me is being able to make cookies with them! Off to try to make a page!

Quote Originally Posted by ptknox View Post
    That's the idea Shirley! Have you ever scrapped the story of that rocking chair?
    I have not, but I probably should. A gift from DH when we were dating...
    Shirley
    "I never met a mouse I didn't like."
    (with apologies to Will Rogers)
    My Gallery

photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

I scrap every day in my big comfie rocking chair - thanks to my laptop!
    Jacqueline

Your page doesn't necessarily have to be about YOU either. My son is now 31 years old and a successful executive ... but I can gaze upon his face and STILL see a little boy with his thumb in his mouth hanging onto his "blankie" for dear life!
    Pattie

We all fight over a lazy boy type chair that is so old and yucky, don't know why it got moved back into the living room but it did! Home to me includes the special gifts my kids have made for me hanging on the walls.

Thanks for the freebie, Pattie - and thanks for your choice of topic!
    So many replies and ideas and memories....
    Jacqueline

Favorite spot, corner of the couch (perfect angle to the TV), with my minnie dachshund tucked on my hip next to me.
    My Dog's website: - Personal journal and advice from a hot dog

Camera: Canon 50D
    Software: Photoshop CS5

Think fast ... if you had a day to do whatever you wanted to do ALL day ... what would you do?
    Pattie

Ahh...smells....Puffs tissues. When I was in kindergarden I used to "run away" from school everyday and when my Mother came to get me and haul my little butt back to school the teacher always gave me a puffs kleenex cause I was crying. I can smell a Puffs at 20 yards!!
    Pam

My Stuff: Nikon D80, Nikkor 50 mm 1.4, Nikkor 18 - 135mm, Nikkor 80 - 200mm, Speedlight SB-600 and my Epiphanie Lola Camera Bag!
    Software: Dell Studio XPS, PSE 11 and Bamboo Fun

Do you have anything tucked away in a drawer that you cherish? And would be hard put to explain to anyone else? I have a drawer filled with cheesy jewelry, drawings and other gifts my children gave me when they were small. They bring me joy and I wouldn't part with any of them!
    Pattie

Scrap all day long....no interruptions!!!
    Pam

My Stuff: Nikon D80, Nikkor 50 mm 1.4, Nikkor 18 - 135mm, Nikkor 80 - 200mm, Speedlight SB-600 and my Epiphanie Lola Camera Bag!
    Software: Dell Studio XPS, PSE 11 and Bamboo Fun

13. Curled up in my recliner with my grandson on my lap watching a Disney video. Now that's comfort and joy!

LOVE that Pam ... what a great page your "Puffs" memory would make!
    Pattie

15. I just finished my page!
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

16. digi scrap and/or play with paper!

Smells? My grandmother's house - if I walked blindfolded into a room I could tell if it was her living room. We used to have tea (served in china cups of course) in the afternoon - and I would play crib with my grandfather - special special times..
    wish I had photos..
    Jacqueline

Ah yes ArizonaAngel! Who else has a favorite movie that they never tire of watching? I was thrilled to death last year when my daughter found me "The Gathering" (and old made for TV movie starring Ed Asner" on DVD. It's not Christmas to me until I watch it.
    Pattie

Jacqueline that would make SUCH a lovely page. The memory itself is wonderful without photos of the actual room. You could just include a photo of a pretty china tea cup or a cribbage board and make your journaling the focus of the layout.
    Pattie

How do you scrap a smell? What colour represents the aroma of tea?

I've often thought of this..... the obvious of course orange is orange but tea

happiness?
    Jacqueline

Wow ... Deb and Ang already have layouts up in the gallery ... go take a peek!
    Pattie

Thanks for the idea Pattie - I have her china in the cupboard! why didn't I think of that - and the old cribbage board carved out of a elk antlers.
    Jacqueline

Food for thought Jacqueline ... let's hear from all of you. What colors represent certain aromas to you?
    Pattie

Of course there is the obvious when it comes to "Tidings of Comfort and Joy" ... when you haul your Christmas decorations down from the attic or up from the basement ... which one do you want to unwrap first? Why? What does it make you think of?
    Pattie

Does anyone have firefox!! I dont know how to refresh the page!!

Joy. Think fast again ... what memory do you have of the day you experienced the greatest joy you can remember?
    Pattie

Ang ... just hit the F5 key.
    Pattie

thanks Pattie!

Are we all off scrapping?
    Pattie

Wonderful pages in the gallery!
    Jacqueline

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast