Thread: Another German

1. Another German

Hello there.

I discovered this site a while ago chasing some Ali Edwards brushes, but only now decided to jump right in. My name's Inga or Ginger_79 in the digi world. I'm turning 32 in December (When did that happen? How? I'm still constantly amazed, I'm a grown-up now) and I'm living with my BF in the West of Germany, near Cologne. No kids, no pets. Just us and an occasional spider crawling by. But I have a big family clan to keep us busy.

I'm originally a chemist/biochemist, but I'm now working in the pharmaceutical industry in pharma packaging. Sounds boring, but it's actually a new challenge every day. BF is the one with the "cool" job, as he's in the computer games industry.

I stumbled over digi scrapping by accident, when I was googling for a normal scrap album a few years ago. I never did paper before, though it has slowly been growing on me over the last months. The gallery here is a real eye opener. Especially as it "klicked" for me looking at the layouts and the supplies. That a look I adored for ages, is probably not best done with just kits, but requires a nice tool box of basic elements as well. So here's to shopping!

I'm exited getting to know you all a bit better in the future.

Welcome to DD! You found a wonderful online family here! Can't wait to know you better and see some of your creations in the gallery! And, wow... I must say that your English is superb! I took two years of German in high school (a LONG time ago!) so I don't remember much... except one funny song we used to sing every day! Glad you found us here at DD!
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

Welcome to DD, Inga!!! I think it was Ali's and Katie's products that originally brought me to DD too! You have come to the right place! DD is like a home and everyone is very friendly! Thanks for your sweet comment on my page a bit ago! Hope to see more pages from you as well!
    LoriS

My Gallery

4. Quote Originally Posted by beehive50 View Post
    Welcome to DD! You found a wonderful online family here! Can't wait to know you better and see some of your creations in the gallery! And, wow... I must say that your English is superb! I took two years of German in high school (a LONG time ago!) so I don't remember much... except one funny song we used to sing every day! Glad you found us here at DD!
    Aww, thanks. But I'm speaking English at home, BF is from Nothern Ireland. So my life's pretty much a 50:50 of English and German.

50/50 is perfect. :O) I think we missed out in language area here in the US. I'm so glad you introduced yourself. Welcome to DD! :O)
    ~Kelly

Welcome, Inga - so happy you found DD - make sure you check out the weekly challenges by Katie -

And have a look at the "getting started". It's full of fantastic information.

Getting Started in Digital Scrapbooking - DesignerDigitals

Looking forward to seeing your layouts in the gallery - jump right in and have FUN!
    Jacqueline

Oh, Inga... you mentioned in your comment on my Christmas page about shopping -- You will love December! There is a brand new item every day on special... they add so much to your pages! Every item is a must buy since the next day it will go to full price. It's my favorite time of year here at DD!
    LoriS

My Gallery

8. Hi Inga! Welcome! Welcome! I enjoyed reading your friendly introduction.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

Welcome to DD, Inga -- so glad you found your way here. It's a wonderful, supportive community. I'm looking forward to seeing your pages in the gallery.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

We are so happy you found us! Thanks for introducing yourself!
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Hey there, welcome to DD. It's so nice to have somebody here who lives in the Ruhrgebiet I'm originally from Wuppertal! So nice to have you here Inga, I hope to see your pages in the gallery soon
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

12. Good morning, Inga. We lived in Darmstadt for three years while in the military . . . I so loved Germany with it's beauty and friendly people. It is so nice to have you with us here at Designer Digitals . . . I know that you are going to love it here. The shopping is terrific, the gals here are the best and the knowledge and sharing are superb.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

13. Quote Originally Posted by LoriS View Post
    Oh, Inga... you mentioned in your comment on my Christmas page about shopping -- You will love December! There is a brand new item every day on special... they add so much to your pages! Every item is a must buy since the next day it will go to full price. It's my favorite time of year here at DD!
    Oh yay! Like a digi scrapping advent calendar. Good to know for adding to my DD stock.

But I must protest against the Ruhrgebiet, Anke. We are part of the Rheinland, even though the rest of Germany pretty much considers the whole state of Nordrhein-Westfalen to be the Ruhrgebiet.

Welcome to DD, Inga! Looking forward to seeing some of your pages in the gallery!
    Sharon

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

hallo und herzlich willkommen!

we seem to be neighbors in the digital world sense. i am from wiesbaden. happy to see you here :-)

Hiya, welcome to DD, hope you have fun here, it is a great community!
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 12 for Mac, run on my Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D or still my trusty IXUS 950IS ( though it clunks a lot opening its shutter), or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

We were practically neighbors! My DH is from Wattenscheid and he still has family there.
    We gave up our caravan a few years ago and now retired in Canada BUT I love Germany (and obviously Germans)!
    Jacqueline

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger_79 View Post
    Oh yay! Like a digi scrapping advent calendar. Good to know for adding to my DD stock.

But I must protest against the Ruhrgebiet, Anke. We are part of the Rheinland, even though the rest of Germany pretty much considers the whole state of Nordrhein-Westfalen to be the Ruhrgebiet.
    You know it's funny, after I wrote that I was thinking about the very same thing LOL. Oh well, Rheinland is good too To me anything close to Wuppertal is part of the Ruhrgebiet
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Welcome Inga! You'll have fun here at DD and the gallery is certainly a great place for inspiration!

Oh, wait until the shopping fun in December! WooHoo!!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5