Thread: Light-colored files

Question Light-colored files

I've noticed since I finally got Windows 7 that some files are very light and faint. Most aren't. Does anyone know why some files would be almost invisible and look like nothing is in them? Thanks to anyone who might know the answer!!
    Julie

2. Don't know if this has anything to do with it. But before I had my monitor calibrated the lighter colored supplies would almost appear to be completely white or washed out.

can you open them? files you can't open are usually 'faded' or grey-ed out. Ignore me if that not what you mean at all
    read all about it!... -->http://britgirl.typepad.co.uk/
    My DD gallery!
    I use; CS6 and LR5 on my beloved iMac!
    I'm a Canon girl I have a 5D MRK II.

I found that I couldn't 'see' a lot of Anna's designs - white vs gray - on my iMac til I recalibrated it. I'm guessing that's your issue.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Question

Thanks for the info - is calibration complicated? I just plugged my monitor in and haven't done anything with it.
    Julie

You can do some simple adjustments using buttons on your monitor. It should be in the manual. That is a good place to start. I recently borrowed a ColorVision Monitor Spyder from our local camera club to adjust mine. I found it a little tricky to get right.
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

7. I borrowed a colorvision spyder express from a friend. It pretty much ran itself, just had to do it at night so the room could be completely dark. It made a big difference.

Also make sure that the folders in question are not marked as hidden, pull up the folders properties and make sure the box is not checked to hide files. The file folder will appear very light if it is marked.