Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Ali + Cathy Chat

Quote Originally Posted by echogirl View Post
    Fabulous page Cathy. Totally made me cry.

(Waving Hi to Everyone)
    Hey Doris!
    Visit My Blog

Camera: Canon 5D Mark II
    Lenses: Canon 24-70mm 2.8L; Canon 50mm f 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud and Photoshop Elements
    Platform: Mac
    Sign: Pisces

2. Quote Originally Posted by lizziet5 View Post
    Hiya! I'm in the UK - I'm struggling to make out the time difference - what is the time there by you now?
    11:12 a.m. in the eastern time zone, that event times are posted in

Quote Originally Posted by Janet White View Post
    Thanks, Ali - I wouldn't have made this list without the inspiration of your 'remember this' layouts.

Yeah, Cathy - you're responsible for the splurge of buying Archer...
    Oh Janet, I know. I'm a horrible type enabler! But SO worth it.
    Visit My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Edwards View Post
    Here's another page I love - I want to do this more where I use an entire photo to fill the layout and then build on top of it. Love This - Digital Scrapbooking Ideas - DesignerDigitals
    LOVE these, Ali! I am really liking this idea of filling the entire page with the photo and adding to it.
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

Thanks for the time differences! It's 4.15pm in the UK!

Quote Originally Posted by jennaz View Post
    I have NO idea how I ever got into digi scrapping....I'm not even sure what browser I am using....is Safari a browser? LoL!
    Ha! Yes, Safari is a Mac browser.
    Visit My Blog

7. Got to keep up with the emails to my phone...or I am going to have 100's to delete at the end of the day!

8. With being a 12 x 12 scrapper, i know you can change the image to 12 x 12 from 8.5 x 11 or take a 8.5 x 11 page and put it onto a 12 x 12 background. But i love the design element of some of the pages being 8.5 x 11 for example Cathy Zielske's Layered Template No. 92, but I want 12 x 12 how would I convert it to be on a full 12 x 12 frame?

Just jumped on the computer to see if I could catch the tail end of this, I'm in Ali's time zone but she clearly gets up earlier than I do on a Saturday LOL! Love you guys and how fun to see this chat going on. Going to check out that freebie as soon as I post this. :-)
    --Stacia

Digital scrapbooker with PSE 11.0

Quote Originally Posted by wyowoman View Post
    11:12 a.m. in the eastern time zone, that event times are posted in
    thanks for that - I've always worried that I'm not going to make the sale deadlines, etc! Now I'll know!

11. Quote Originally Posted by Stacia View Post
    Just jumped on the computer to see if I could catch the tail end of this, I'm in Ali's time zone but she clearly gets up earlier than I do on a Saturday LOL! Love you guys and how fun to see this chat going on. Going to check out that freebie as soon as I post this. :-)
    Super early today! Tomorrow I'm going to an antique fair and we'll be leaving my house at 5:30am!!!! (super fun but super early)

Have to say, I'm really enjoying this! How great is this 'virtual' world we live in!

Quote Originally Posted by someday View Post
    With being a 12 x 12 scrapper, i know you can change the image to 12 x 12 from 8.5 x 11 or take a 8.5 x 11 page and put it onto a 12 x 12 background. But i love the design element of some of the pages being 8.5 x 11 for example Cathy Zielske's Layered Template No. 92, but I want 12 x 12 how would I convert it to be on a full 12 x 12 frame?
    You know, one thing you can do is open each PSD file, and simply increase the canvas size equally around the page, and then you add more white fill to the Background layer, then proceed.

I actually love doing this with my 8.5 x 11 templates because then you get an instant amount of cushioning white space framing the design.

Sometimes I do both designs in both sizes, sometimes not. I probably should do all templates in both sizes!
    Visit My Blog

(This was supposed to be in response to the post with the "big photo as background" page that Ali posted and someone's reply. I need to learn how to use this posting system better!!!)

I love this page too. Saw it on Ali's blog first and copied it to my "ideas" folder immediately! :-)
    --Stacia

Whew - I got mine done!!! LOL my heart is racing. Now I need to read all I missed and leave love!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon
    DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Stacia View Post
    Yes, it's much more time manageable here in the Central Time Zone! LOL!
    Visit My Blog

The Layout Challenge: Grab your favorite photo right now and scrapbook it using the products supplied in our free package. Post it in the gallery during this chat and we'll choose a winner at the end. When you post your page, be sure to add "Ali+Cathy Challenge" in your post title.
    Visit My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by justbnsharon View Post
    Whew - I got mine done!!! LOL my heart is racing. Now I need to read all I missed and leave love!
    Go Sharon!
    Visit My Blog

19. <-----keeps trying to justify (pun, sorta intended) the expense of purchasing Archer & Avenir.

I, too, just love those two fonts in your layouts, Cathy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jennaz View Post
    Okay, just getting in....ceiling fell in the dining room, major flood in bathroom...but...I am not going to miss this...so I'm here while I wait for help...what have I missed?
    Yikes, Jenn...did you have heavy rains? I know we have had some big storms up here in Flag.
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

21. The Layout Challenge: Grab your favorite photo right now and scrapbook it using the products supplied in our free package. Post it in the gallery during this chat and we'll choose a winner at the end. When you post your page, be sure to add "Ali+Cathy Challenge" in your post title.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyZielske View Post
    Oh Janet, I know. I'm a horrible type enabler! But SO worth it.
    I love Archer too when I see it in your layouts, Cathy...but I haven't bought it yet! It keeps beckoning to me though... :P
    --Stacia

So what are people's plans for today? More online fun time and layout challenges?
    Visit My Blog

24. Thanks for the freebie! I'm definitely going to use the template and word art but just not in this "segment"! Hopefully there won't be as many distractions for the rest of the day!
    Patsy

Love the global chat. It's 11:19pm here in Malaysia, and I'm afraid it's bedtime. Thanks for the awesome freebies! Totally inspired from Day 1 of both Ali (CK) and Cathy (SS).

26. Its VERY early Sunday morning here in Brisbane... 1.21.am... and I still can't get the word art to recolour !! bother... maybe save the file and reopen it and see if that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by margaeli View Post
    <-----keeps trying to justify (pun, sorta intended) the expense of purchasing Archer & Avenir.

I, too, just love those two fonts in your layouts, Cathy!!!
    For sure, they are not cheap. But I would say Avenir is so worth it.
    Visit My Blog

28. <----hopes to make another couple "chats"; needs to mail birthday presents to South Carolina

Just another droll Saturday for some of us, Cathy!!

Your plans? Got games to watch??

OOhhh,, I'm late DH didn't wake me - what have I missed
    Jacqueline

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast