Thread: Lots of Shots templates

Talking Lots of Shots templates

A question for you all.. As you all know, lately I have been obsessed with textures and desaturing my photos.. so its no surprise that I am totally in love with Kelly's Italy and Germany book ...

http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...iceStreets.jpg

because of this wonderful book, and some really nice photos that we've (my son and I) taken over this last long weekend visit from my son.. I've decided to make a book using these templates.. now, here's the question

I LOVE the soft colors of the photo masks that come on the template, I would love to leave them like this, and not add any papers etc, but not sure what they would look like printed.. would anyone have any idea? or maybe Kelly could answer this one for me.. as now it looks like Kelly may have left some of the masks as is!

software: PSE10 / iMAC
    Camera: Nikon D90 Digital SLR. 35mm 18-105mm

Kelly's book is so, so pretty!

3. I agree, Kelly's book is so amazing!! I would just send her a pm in case she misses this thread...she would be more than happy to help you out!!
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast

You guys are the best! Your comments alone made all the work on this book worth it. :O)
    I did leave the photo holders as they were (mostly). I didn't use papers on the empty ones, I either left them the color that they were or changed to a color that worked with the photos. The colors that Lynn used for her template worked REALLY well with the vintage action that I used. When I changed a color I had to play with it a little because the action changes it again (blues turn green or gray depending on what the base of the blue really is, etc). Now, having said this, they only changed because my action was used on the entire page, not just the photos.

In a simple answer to your question, leaving the photo holders the color of the template is perfectly fine. It's like using a solid paper. If you like what you see then you'll like what is printed. Cassie left the photo holders the original colors when she did a 50th anniversary book for my parents using Ali's Week in the Life templates. When there are so many photos I think the solid blocks work very well. Hope this helps Janet. :O)
    ~Kelly

Hi Janet,

Love that you are thinking of using the templates for an album, and can't wait to see the result. I love Kelly's book too :-)

And it's easy to change the colour of the photo blocks if you decide to just leave them a plain block colour and not clip paper to them, just fiddle about with ctrl_U :-)

Thank you Kelly, Lynn... I've already finished my book, was just waiting for a response to my question.. I absolutely adore these templates Lynn, I'm just sorry that I only had enough photos for 20pages, I could have gone on making pages for weeks yet..
    Kelly, your book is THE BEST EVER... I have left a lot of the photo holders as they were, and yes, the colors Lynn used are totally gorgeous, I too tweaked a few to match the pics..
    Thanks a million guys... this place rocks

software: PSE10 / iMAC
    Camera: Nikon D90 Digital SLR. 35mm 18-105mm

I love that there have been so many different "looks" created with these templates in the gallery! Can't wait to see some of your pages, Janet. :O)
    ~Kelly