Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noiseware! LOVE IT!!!

youget sooooooooooo used to it .

2. I agree with Sam on the lens - I have my 50 mm almost permanantly afixed to my camera. I have the 1.8 and it's awesome! Plus, a 50 mm lens is sooo much cheaper than most other lenses - very affordable!
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography
    Camera: Nikon D800
    Lenses: 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.8, 17-35 f/2.8, 28-300, 24-70mm f/2.8
    Extras: Speedlight SB-700, Alien Bee 800
    Software: Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4

Hey, is this a noiseware turned Nikon-gals meeting?? LOL
    Cassie, I also adore my 50mm 1.8... great for low-light!
    I also added a Sigma 30mm 1.4 to give me a bit more room inside... and I have a hard time getting a sharp image of busy Thomas at the widest, but for still kids, I'm so impressed at how much light it lets in!!

And once you shoot RAW, you'll never go back. Total agreement with Heidi.. don't waste the space shooting RAW+JPEG. RAW is like an unprocessed film negative. I find it pretty no-brainer opening up in Bridge to process... and it's just a quick step in the workflow. All the information stays intact too, no matter how many times you open it (whereas JPEG loses bits of information each time you open).

lol ~kim yip this did change a bit and I was thinking I should satrt a new thread ( this one also got VERY long ) lol

Anyway I WILL try the raw this weekend ! promise and I have bridge so will try it !

ok I did it HEIDI & Cassie ! geez you are a hard task masters.

I got the noiseware and the portraiture and the real grain package. Shot a few in raw and now the learning begins !

Just gotta get me a white balance card thingy and away go !

I know I am going to thank you and this thread cos I spend FAR too much time on my photos !

so THANKS

X

6. Great, Sam! Now, send me some of that wealth so I can get a lens!
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

hey I sat there with the order on the screen and hummed and hahed...I said to DH should I ---shouldnt I cos it isnt for the feint hearted.... Oh well done now !

8. Just had to say congrats Sam! Oh and I love your new avatar Cassie!
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography

9. And YOURS, Heidi!!!
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

elliottsurf Guest
    Hello all,

You girls are amazing. I am working as an intern for a small ad agency (my way of getting back in to the workforce after 12 years at home!) but I am learning soooo much more from you! The WhiBal card is ingenoius! I am not ready for RAW yet, but love learning about it. This may be a stupid question, but does that WhiBal card work with jpeg images, or do I have to switch to RAW to use it?

The great thing about you gals is that you are so willing to share your "trade secrets" freely and it makes me feel like I have the knowledge to be successful. The ad agency types don't want to share the tips and tricks easily...they want you to sweat it out and learn by fire, so I really appreciate all the tips you give and the confidence you are building in me, the world's oldest intern!!
    Thanks

11. No problem! Thanks for the sweet words! I think they have a jpeg plug-in you can use with the WhiBal card but you might want to check the site first before you order it. I love mine! And believe me, you are ready for RAW - it's not as hard as you think! Promise!
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography

When I looked at the Whibal card it IS for both RAW and Jpeg ! So go ahead and buy it,

Unfortunately they are not available here and I tried to order online and they don't ship to here ---- so I have written to them and hopefully they will make a plan OR I will have to get someone over there to post to me ....

I think the girls on a lot of sites DO share and in real life don't readily share cos you could take their jobs or be cleverer than them - silly hey.

ok guys, you've got me convinced to try raw again. i didn't realize i could batch my work with bridge so easily heidi. i'll give that a try.

have you guys tried the expodisc for white balance? i have one and love it!

Oooo something else I want now...gosh darnit! But that would help me out a lot - as much as I want natural light, a lot of my photos tend to be inside at night at a high ISO because I hate flash (and no matter what it makes the puppy look like a demon). And it works in PSE....hmmm...
    ~Trude

My Gallery
    My Blog
    My Gear: Canon Rebel XTi, 50mm f/1.4 lens, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 zoom
    My Program: Adobe Photoshop CS3

15. so i finally downloaded noiseware the other day....holy WOW, how did i go on without it? LOL
    -- Caroline

blog
    gallery

Nikon D50, Nikkor 50mm f1.8, Tamron 28-75mm f2.8, Nikkor 70-300mm f4-5.6
    Photoshop CS3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12