Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noiseware! LOVE IT!!!

Noiseware! LOVE IT!!!

I just broke down and purchased a copy of Noiseware by Imagenomic this weekend and OMG, I LOVE IT!! I had Neat Image previously and Noiseware totally blows it away!! I bought the professional plug-in because it looked a little more full-featured but the standard probably would have been fine. Anyway, here is a photo example. It is amazing!!!
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography
    Camera: Nikon D800
    Lenses: 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.8, 17-35 f/2.8, 28-300, 24-70mm f/2.8
    Extras: Speedlight SB-700, Alien Bee 800
    Software: Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4

WOW that is incredible! TYFS!
    Enjoy your new toy!

Awesome Heidi! You girls are already motivating me to create a wish list of the things I "need". Haha!
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

Software/stuff: PS CS3, Lightroom 2, Wacom Intuos3
    Camera: Nikon D300s & backup d40x, 55-200 4.5vr, 50mm 1.4G

LOL, I totally understand. I've been on a bit of a buying spree lately and need to tone it down! I have my first paying sessions booked with the business for next month so maybe I'll get some revenue coming back for a change. I still need to create my business forms and figure out exactly how the sales tax thing works, kind of backwards not to have that done already.
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography

5. Good for you Heidi! I bought the full pack of their professional filter plug-ins and they're all great. I use the Noiseware & Portraiture a lot (I imagine that second one would be awesome for your business), and I actually find myself using Real Grain more than I thought (especially the "enhance sky" filter).

Anyway, have fun with it!
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

i use the noiseware all the time. i just love it! what a difference it makes when i'm shooting with a high iso/flash off!

7. I agree with Bailey, Heidi. You have to stop coming up with this cool stuff. You are creating "needs" in my life. Which is weired because I never even heard about this until I read this thread.
    Jill

DD Gallery

Software: Photoshop Elements 6
    Camera: Canon Rebel XT
    Lenses: 50 mm 1.8, 18-55 mm, 75-300

8. thanks Heidi for the input. I bought the pro version of NeatImage and haven't been thrilled -- though i do have to admit there are tons of options in it and i haven't read the instructions (lol!)
    Wendy Armstrong

I have Noiseware Pro and LOVE IT! It is the most amazing tool I agree.

10. It's been on my wishlist, which is getting longer daily! Great plug in and especially for your business, nice write off! Enjoy it!

I bought Noiseware a couple of weeks ago and LOVE it!
    Now I want Portraiture too...
    Thess

My DD Gallery

A Holy Mess - My blog on life, digiscrapping and genealogy

My Cameras: Canon 50D and Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40

12. Woohoo, it's great isn't it?!

13. Oh yeah, I'm thinking portraiture might be a "must have" soon!
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography

14. For those of you who own noiseware and are thinking about the other two plug-ins . . . I got an email from the company today offering the other two for $199 in a bundle. I think the normal costs are $169 for Portraiture and $99 for Real Grain. I actually use Real Grain a lot more than I expected to. Especially the enhance sky and vivid colors filters.

http://www.imagenomic.com/purchase_bundle.aspx

Check it out. I love my imagenomic plug-ins!
    Cassie

I haven't got this but would definately look at it as I have developed my own workflow and adjustment actions, but these look great and look like it makes batch correcting easier as I spend FAR too much time on each photo - and I take 150-200 photos in a session...

What should one get ? the professional plug in ---? the stand alone? the noiseware and portrait and real grain ? all very confusing so Ia m turning to the pro's on this....

16. Sam, the best deal is to get the bundle of all three. I think it's $239.00. Much cheaper than buying them individually. And, you professional photographers would like get SOOOOO much more out of them then I do. When I run the filter, a dialog box comes up with an infinite amount of adjustments you can make, and I don't ever do any of them. I have always gone with the default and clicked OK. LOL I can only imagine the possibilities!
    Cassie

17. I only have noiseware pro at this point and am so pleased that I might order the other two since I got that email too. I only use the defaults - no use in messing up perfection. It does such a great job of getting rid of grain. I forgot to reset my ISO over the weekend and it was sunny but I used an ISO of 400 and my shady spots were extremely grainy. Noiseware totally got rid of the grain in a snap. Sam, I made an action that does my sharpening and noiseware in one click so it saves me tons of time on editing. There isn't much else to do with my photos unless I need to tweak the curves. I don't even have to mess with the levels now that I shoot in RAW mode and get my exposure how I like it from the very beginning. That probably saved me the most time on my workflow since I can tweak my exposure for a huge group of photos all at once in RAW mode. I LOVE bridge!
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography

18. PS - Cassie, did you notice how I added in a shameless plug for shooting in RAW mode? I'm loving it more every day (hated it the first time I used it because I was clueless about what to do next). It totally rocks! You can edit lots of photos at once and instantly see the results.
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography

19. Heidi, I noticed that, but since my version of Bridge has mysteriously gone wonky, it's more of a hassle to use. I can only access it by opening PS then choosing "Explore." If I just try to launch it, my system doesn't respond.

I'm sure I'll graduate one day. Until then, why don't you just send me your action for sharpening and Noiseware?
    Cassie

I am so BAD --i have lurked and watched about raw and I havent gone over- why ? I dunno - everyone raves about it. and i am bad at getting my exposures spot on. I rely a lot on PS after but it taks hours.

I find I can't batch fix often cos my ligthing changes all the time in my shoots. Not often they are in one place. With families you go from the bedroom to the garden and the kids rooms.

But ok --I am opening myself up here --- lol ! --- doesnt this happen to you ? or are you in more of a static lighting environment. Or do these noiseware type programs " do it like auto...

you are both convincing me to go off and spend $240 ...eek

and also to shoot raw - do you shoot both raw and jpeg.. - if only raw can you see that on your camera ?

thansk for all this chitter chatter

21. Sam - I'll have to defer to Heidi. I know that I would be sucked into the world of "RAW" if I could wrap my brain around it, but I'm just so overloaded with all the other things I want to learn & do. That's just another one on my list. I know that Adobe Bridge makes working with RAW images very simple, and I have a ton of books with entire chapters devoted to RAW, so it must be worth it. I just haven't made the commitment to learn.

What do you mean by "if only raw can you see that on your camera?"

My camera lets me set to shoot in RAW, JPG, or both. Is that what you mean?
    Cassie

In raw - as far as I know and I will go nad check - if you only have raw set you cannot view yourimages on your camera.

You can set your camera to RAW & JPEG - so you get both on you card - limits card space tho.

Anyone know how big a raw file is compared to jpeg.

ALSO THERE IS A NEW ADOBE lightroom program which I downlaoded the beta version cos I heard that was excellant ...

Oh I duuno,
    I must try raw.I must try raw.I must try raw.I must try raw.I must try raw.I must try raw.I must try raw.I must try raw.I must try raw.I must try raw.I must try raw.I must try raw.I must try raw.I must try raw.I must try raw.I must try raw.

23. Sam - My Nikon D80 lets me preview the RAW images as I take them. It may be specific to your camera model.
    Cassie

Maybe I must try it -- as I have the Nikon d200 ! so it should view them ---- I tried a few years back when I first got a camera that could do raw Ia m 3 cameras on !

lol

25. I'm so jealous of your D200 Sam! Yes, you can view the photos on your camera in RAW mode - don't waste your card space on the JPEGs! I also have changing lighting conditions during my photo shoots. Here's my workflow: When photographing, I use my WhiBal card for whitebalance (just take a photo of the card in the lighting situation the subject is in using RAW mode). When I change lighting conditions I take another photo of the card (I wear it on a lanyard).

When I open the photos in Bridge, I select all the photos in that light environment plus my WhiBal picture and correct for the white balance (shift and click on the card in the preview and it changes all the photos I have selected). Then I select only the photos that have a similar exposure and correct the exposure/brightness/contrast. I can workflow 150+ pictures in 5 minutes this way. Then with bridge I go through my photos and label my favorites with a color - those are the ones I will edit and save as JPEGs (might start using TIFF) as my final step. Seriously, this has saved me T-O-N-S of time! It's so great - and I was slow to convert to RAW too because I was overwhelmed by it. But once you use it two or three times you realize how easy it is.

My last step is running my unsharp mask/noiseware action on them. Then I can do my artsy fartsy editing if I think the photo calls for it.

Check out this site for a video tutorial on the WhiBal that will show you how to use Bridge too. http://www.rawworkflow.com/products/whibal/index.html
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography

26. I'm jealous of your D80 too Cassie! Maybe next year I'll get something new.
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography

remember heidi -- owning a nikon ( d200 d80.....or ANO) does not make you a photographer -it makes you a nikon owner !

Best thing I ever bought was my 50mm1.4 love it !

Anyway I think I may HAVE to buy the noiseware plugins and start shooting raw... wll try a few this weekend. and will ahve to get myself a whitebalance card too !

28. Okay, Sam. I have the D80 with the 18-135mm/3.5-5.6 lens. What will the 50mm 1.4 do for me besides set me back as much as a good scanner? Keep in mind, my main subject is a VERY active 4 year old and I don't have the best indoor natural light in my home.
    Cassie

Cassie THAT is the point ! a 1.4 opens w-i-d-e so you don't need flash -- ok 1.4 is VERY VERY shallow depth of field and you have to get used to it but you need NO flash- even at night in a normally lit room ! OOOOH I love it !

In fact if I had to only choose 1 lens that would be it and I rarely use any other lenses --- so !

Scanner ? lens --- lens !

30. And you never stop and think . . . ugh, I wish I could zoom in a bit?
    Cassie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast