Thread: Best photography website...

Best photography website...

I want to learn, and read before I buy. There are millions of websites with forums and tutorials...do you girls frequent any one in aprticular? Do you learn from them? I would like your opinions on great sites (Becasue I know you have good taste in helpful, easy to use friendly sites!...ie you are here!) I am experimenting on a Canon for the time being but it has no book with it (borrowing from family memeber) I wanted to find a tutorial or two to look at also!! Thanks!
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

Software/stuff: PS CS3, Lightroom 2, Wacom Intuos3
    Camera: Nikon D300s & backup d40x, 55-200 4.5vr, 50mm 1.4G

ilovephotography.com is a good place to start

Good luck!
    Lynne

I am going to be joining NOBS soon. I have heard that they are good but don't have personal experience with them yet.
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography
    Camera: Nikon D800
    Lenses: 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.8, 17-35 f/2.8, 28-300, 24-70mm f/2.8
    Extras: Speedlight SB-700, Alien Bee 800
    Software: Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4

4. OK Heidi, what is NOBS? When I googled it I came up with National Organization of Biblical storytellers. That's great if you're joining that group, but I have a feeling you're refering to something else.
    Jill

DD Gallery

Software: Photoshop Elements 6
    Camera: Canon Rebel XT
    Lenses: 50 mm 1.8, 18-55 mm, 75-300

lol Jill

www.betterphoto.com has great inspiration/tips/photos/photographers

if you need a manual for any camera you can generally get them online- google the make and type - manual

hth

Thanks Sam, I did manage to find it online!! And I am liking betterphoto!!! Heidi, I too can't figure out NOBS?!?!?! Thanks for the tips girls!
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

7. Bailey, my dh listens to www.tipsfromthetopfloor.com and has found a lot of other great photography sites from that one.

LOL, sorry about that. Here's the link:
    http://www.nobsphotosuccess.com/
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography

9. Wow! Thanks for the links!
    *Yen*
    GALLERY

Camera: Nikon D80
    Software: CS2 and PI12

THanks girls, these are some awesome places! I knew I could count on you!! Thanks for the tips, and as soon as I get my own camera, ill be back to bug you some more!!! thanks again!
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

www.dpreview.com is another good one for when your toying which camera or lens to buy

12. I joined NOBS recently and am very impressed with the amount of tutorials and forums. They have actions, workflow video tutorials, marketing tips, etc. It seems to be well worth the money.
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography

13. Here are some great ones that arent mentioned above, if you join list me as your referral please.

prophotogs.com - lots of sharing and lots of wonderful commeraderie
    pro4um.com - very knowledged people there, best place to learn from pricey
    prophotoglearningcenter.com-new site pretty much set up for marketing and promoting your business.

If you just want to read reviews on equipment, I've been referred to B&H Photo by a number of people, including by a book on better digital photography. They're a store in NYC that's been around forever, and they aren't afraid to tell you if you need something cheaper. Since a lot of pros use it, the product reviews tend to be a lot more informative. Hope that helps!
    ~Trude

My Gallery
    My Blog
    My Gear: Canon Rebel XTi, 50mm f/1.4 lens, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 zoom
    My Program: Adobe Photoshop CS3

15. Heidi, I checked out the site you recommended and it looks really interesting! I love their free tutorials on the front page. I was inspired by their fairy one to make this page today:
    http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...19&ppuser=2608
    Lots of fun!

16. I LOVE what you did with that photo!
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography

17. Thanks, Heidi. That means a lot coming from you! Your photos are AWEsome! I have enjoyed getting inspired by you and other other photographers on this site.

18. Keep up the amazing work! I always love photos taken from behind - there is such a magical and whimsical quality to them. But woe to the person who takes a photo of my behind, lol!
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography

Thanks for all the great links!
    You girls are a great source for learning!
    Thess

My DD Gallery

A Holy Mess - My blog on life, digiscrapping and genealogy

My Cameras: Canon 50D and Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40

20. Quote Originally Posted by HeidiKnight View Post
    Keep up the amazing work! I always love photos taken from behind - there is such a magical and whimsical quality to them. But woe to the person who takes a photo of my behind, lol!
    ROFLOL!!! Same here!! hahaha
    MY new DH did that to me on our honeymoon...took a picture of me on a horse from behind!! He's lucky I'm not the divorcing kind. haha

21. Beyond

If you really want a great place to learn photography, enter competitions, get CC and learn from the best in the industry, join Beyond Just Images ....http://www.beyondjustimages.com it is US$25 for the year but worth it. This month Jen Bebb and Tony Bridge are teaching and next month Jessica Claire. It is really for those wanting to pursue photography as a career rather than a hobby, but it is awesome. Pm me if you want to have a quick "look" before joining up. It is a capped community so you won't get "lost" like I do on Props, ILP, etc. some of these large forums, you never get cc or questions answered cos you are lost in the crowd kwim?