Thread: help me choose!

help me choose!

The sweet and talented Marsha Zepeda made some new logos for me and I'm having a hard time choosing. Help me out! Vote for your favorite (or if you like the one I currently have on the website, let me know that too). Thank you!
    Heidi

Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography
    Camera: Nikon D800
    Lenses: 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.8, 17-35 f/2.8, 28-300, 24-70mm f/2.8
    Extras: Speedlight SB-700, Alien Bee 800
    Software: Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4

Something about 2 catches my eye....but I'm a sucker for lowercase letters, so 1 runs a close race!
    Hanna

3. My two cents . . . which are actually my Advertising Hubby's 2 cents . . . number 3. It sticks with your original font (which you must like), but it updates it a bit, while still being the easiest to read. (his words, and I agree with everything he says . . . do you believe me?)

So, number 3 it is. What I say goes. Oh, wait, that's in this house. Sorry. Good luck.

P.S. After he gave his opinion, he gave another one: "That's a really nice site. It's very clean and simple." Then I showed him your triathlete, and he showed me where his gut would have been hanging were it him in the picture. I told him it was all Photoshop. He told me I should tell you that you've inspired me and then send you a picture of him on a bike in the same pose.

I'll spare you.
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

4. My favorite is #3 - I like how "photography" is not bound to your name, kwim? (and #2 has 1 swirly too much and #1 is all lower case - but that's just me )

I would love to see what you decide on
    ~Dagmar

I like the H and K in caps and it's a tighter bolder font than #2
    I do like "photography" plain

Not that I'm any expert.. typography has always caught my eye.. I am a sucker for clean and simple.. My graphic artists buddies have taught me a few things about it as well. (And going back to college for it..)

I do love your photography site. Photography has always been a passion of mine as well and I have not purchased my bludomain set yet ($$$) But you have got some awesome ideas there!!! If your up for talking all-things-photography.. I'm all for it!!

6. Heidi, I'm going with #3, too. (Maybe I'm easily swayed by the other comments!) I think everyone made good points and #3 is very classy.

Can't wait to hear how your business takes off!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

7. Hi!
    Although I do like lowercase I also prefer number 3! It is the most readable. I checked out your website & I really like it - wish I lived near you so you could photograph my baby! I am no expert but I think you are charging too little! Anyone else think so?

8. I'm torn between #1 and #3
    -Paula

Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XT
    Software: Adobe PSCS2, PSE 5.0
    my gallery

live.scrap.repeat

Do you think the print prices are too low or the sitting fees? I am just getting started so I don't want to scare anyone away but at the same time I don't want to be way too cheap. I do have a full time "real job" so I'm not going to be booking a ton of sessions because of time constraints with my schedule. Feedback about pricing is always appreciated (or any other aspect of the biz).
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography

10. Oh, and thank you for all the responses about the logo! I lean toward 3 because of the recognizability (and that is my favorite font and I use it all the time, lol). While I love all lower case, I don't think I want it with my name which is why I probably won't go with #1. But I wanted feedback before I decided on that. I'll let you know what I choose this weekend - after everyone gets to give their two cents, lol. Who knows what my opinion will be by then. It changes with the wind.
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography

11. I love the #3 too,Heidi I like the #2 too but 3 fits for your site well
    *Yen*
    GALLERY

Camera: Nikon D80
    Software: CS2 and PI12

12. Chiming in with #3 too. I think the upper case initials in your name looks more professional, also too many swirlies in #2...your site is amazing, Heidi!!!
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast

13. #3 for me too. Love your site. Also the music is terrifc!
    Jill

DD Gallery

Software: Photoshop Elements 6
    Camera: Canon Rebel XT
    Lenses: 50 mm 1.8, 18-55 mm, 75-300

14. Thumbs up #3

Heidi,

Love you website and agree that the music is wonderful. As a graphic artist by trade I'd have to go with #3. Your name pops because of the bolder typeface and photography is tucked in nicely. Elegant and simple like your style. #2 is too busy and the typeface abit more rough. Lowercase type in #1 is nice but you need Initial caps to put some formaility in it. It looks great.

Pricing is ALWAYS hard but d on't question your price, you need to set a price that will reflect your professionalism and that is a good starting point. That leaves you room negotiate if need be while not going too low. You are going to do so well because the quality and style of your photos are stunning not to mention your ability to customize prints using your digital talents.

The phones are going to be ringing off the hook!!!

Yep, number 3 gets my vote, too!

As for pricing for the sitting fee...I think that you may just have to see what the market will hold in your area. You can always raise it later if you find that you're getting too many calls from clients that aren't the "type" you're looking for.

Good luck on your new venture!!
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

16. Prices.

I think that the prices are great for now, as you are starting out.. might want to get a feel from the surrounding areas. I am starting out myself, and I'm even lower than you.. I've found that some people can afford the prices and some can't. Although I live on a military base, and I know that people who are like my husband's rank, can't afford too much. I try to cater to the community around me. But since Christmas and a burst of clients, I am slowly raising my prices and sitting fee. But for starting out, this is great. Build your portfolio and you can sure change them later!!

Have a great day!

~R

17. Ronalyn,
    your photos are amazing - don't hesitate to charge more if the market is there! Your photo quality is wonderful and I believe people would be willing to pay top dollar for your photos - I know I would!!!
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography

18. Hi - I am glad some others gave their opinions about pricing because as I said I am not an expert. I was just thinking that as a mom I would expect to (and happily do) pay more for prints from someone so talented. Your prices now seem to be about the same as a chain kind of studio & I just thought you could charge more. I think the sitting fees are reasonable but want to make sure you get paid enough for going to the client (driving/parking/time). But as others mentioned - as word of mouth gets around (and it will) you can raise your prices.

19. Just another note - I noticed you had a finalist photo at BetterPhoto.com. Congratulations! I took a course there (well I started to before my son entered a tough phase & I could not put him down long enough to photograh him!) from Vik Orenstein. She was great & gave lots of helpful feedback as did the other members of the course. She has a very successful child photo business herself. Anyway - she also teaches a Business of Photography course. It covers logos, paperwork, pricing, copyright, and legal stuff.