Thread: Canon 5D III rumours?

Canon 5D III rumors?

Have any of you heard anything about an upgrade to the 5D being around the corner?

I haven't heard anything myself, but I was wondering if it's likely that they will come with something soon..?
    -anx -

My Gallery
    My toys: Canon 5D mkII, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS, Canon 100 mm f/2.8 macro, Sigma 50 mm f/1.4, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8
    iMac with Lightroom 5, Adobe CS6 Design Premium

I have heard a few rumors that it may be released as early as this summer... or possibly the fall. I have been saving up for the full frame sensor and I am hoping they release the specs so I can decide if it is worth it to wait for the newer camera or save the money and buy the 5D Mark II. I love my camera but I feel limited with the ISO capabilities.

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jen D View Post
    I have heard a few rumors that it may be released as early as this summer... or possibly the fall. I have been saving up for the full frame sensor and I am hoping they release the specs so I can decide if it is worth it to wait for the newer camera or save the money and buy the 5D Mark II. I love my camera but I feel limited with the ISO capabilities.
    That's exactly what's bugging me too.
    -anx -

My Gallery
    My toys: Canon 5D mkII, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS, Canon 100 mm f/2.8 macro, Sigma 50 mm f/1.4, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8

The first 5D was out for 5 years before they changed it. I'd be interested to know if a new one is coming this soon? Where did you hear it?

ALWAYS SOMETHING NEW TO BUY!!
    just call me Uma

I guess I SHOULD remove the blinkie.
    BUT I'm not gonna!

It was on the canon forums. They said that the cycle was every three years and it would be after the 50D was replaced... and the 60D came out last year.

Instagram

I've only heard people speculating about it, nothing too official. Would be interesting to see!

I have been waiting!!! I have the original - bought the month it came out, and although I love it, I could only imagine what a mark III would be like. Mark II came out 3 years later, so I think we are due maybe at end of summer? I will be standing in line. My daughter has already asked me if she can get my old 5D, as she wants full frame.
    -Joanie
    Gear: Nikon D800, 50mm f/1.4G, Canon 5D / EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF
    EF 50mm f/1.4, Canon G10, Wacom Graphire
    Software: CS3, Noiseware

can it really be 'better' than a mk2? and in what way? other than the 'coolness' factorI think its a camera you dont really 'outgrow' as such, and will have a hard time finding a reason to switch...
    read all about it!... -->http://britgirl.typepad.co.uk/
    My DD gallery!
    I use; CS6 and LR5 on my beloved iMac!
    I'm a Canon girl I have a 5D MRK II.

Quote Originally Posted by Britgirl View Post
    can it really be 'better' than a mk2? and in what way? other than the 'coolness' factorI think its a camera you dont really 'outgrow' as such, and will have a hard time finding a reason to switch...
    From what I have been reading Mel they are working on improving the ISO capabilities and increasing the focus points.

Instagram

RandyP Guest
    Hopefully they will up the frame rate from the 5D Mark II which is pretty light (3.8FPS).

well, my husband is grateful I'm saying this , I'm happy with what I have tell me when its the mark 4 and then I'll think about it! what do these people {canon, adobe...}think we are? bottomless pits of money????!!
    read all about it!... -->http://britgirl.typepad.co.uk/
    My DD gallery!
    I use; CS6 and LR5 on my beloved iMac!
    I'm a Canon girl I have a 5D MRK II.

Quote Originally Posted by Britgirl View Post
    well, my husband is grateful I'm saying this , I'm happy with what I have tell me when its the mark 4 and then I'll think about it! what do these people {canon, adobe...}think we are? bottomless pits of money????!!
    Mel, If I had one I would probably stay put too But, since I don't I would like the new version if only for the ISO... we shall see!

Instagram

Well, the thing is, when the mk III comes, the mk II will drop in price like a rock... So if it's not too much of a difference in quality, I might be in for the mk II anyway.
    -anx -

My Gallery