Thread: AF Sensor Mode Switch Settings....

1. AF Sensor Mode Switch Settings....

I have the D700 but I'm guessing this qu is the same for many/most Nikons. I am wondering when you benefit from each of the three settings. I read Ken Rockwells description but need it clarified or more input. If you have this setting on your camera could you tell me when you use each of the three settings.

I shoot portraits , lots of fast moving sports and everyday shots as well.

I'd really appreciate any input. tyou.

RandyP Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanah-rhymes with Donna View Post
    I have the D700 but I'm guessing this qu is the same for many/most Nikons. I am wondering when you benefit from each of the three settings. I read Ken Rockwells description but need it clarified or more input. If you have this setting on your camera could you tell me when you use each of the three settings.

I shoot portraits , lots of fast moving sports and everyday shots as well.

I'd really appreciate any input. tyou.
    The best mode to use overall is Dynamic (middle selection) AND change your settings in the menu from 9 points to 21 points. The software is actually optimized for 21 points and why that isn't the default (9) is beyond me. I use this mode 99.9% of the time myself with great results in sports, everday, portraits, etc.

3. Tyou SOOOO much Randy...these tips help me more than you'll ever know!!!!!!