Thread: website for photo business

website for photo business

I need suggestions for websight designers for a photography business. I am completely web illiterate. I would like a flash and html combo. I've checked out bludomain and their sites are gorgeous but I don't know if I can justify the expense right out of the gate. Anyone have any recommendations? I feel like the website is the most important part of advertising/marketing since that's where people go to view your work before booking.
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography
    Camera: Nikon D800
    Lenses: 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.8, 17-35 f/2.8, 28-300, 24-70mm f/2.8
    Extras: Speedlight SB-700, Alien Bee 800
    Software: Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4

Just as an update for anyone who might be looking for a site in the future - I ended up going with BluDomain.com. They had a sale on their nicest interfaces for 1/2 off last week so I jumped on it! I'll post my site link after it's live. I went with the most simple design they offer and I love it!
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography

can't wait to see it heidi! congrats on your new business! i already checked out your photography and it's amazing. you'll do great. (plus you have the advantage of that cute little subject of yours to practice on!)

My site went live today!! I'm so excited! check it out in my signature. Honest feedback is always welcomed. I'm planning to diversify my galleries as I take more photos but for now it is very child heavy (and I need more photos of boys too, lol).
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography

5. Holy cow, Heidi! That site is GORGEOUS! I was so taken in by it that I neglected my DS's cries of "I'm hungry . . . I want some breakfast!"

You are such a talented photographer, and that website is so professional that I'm sure they'll be banging down your door!

*I loved the the photo of baby toes w/wedding rings! Oh, and that triathlete on the bike? Pure art. Well done!

Good luck with your business
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

Thank you Cassie! I'm so glad you like the site. I loved the simple design because it puts all the focus on the photos. Hopefully I won't get tired of it. I can always change the colors if I do.

The triathlete is my husband right before Ironman Arizona 2005. He's training for that race again right now so hopefully he'll let me do another picture - who knows what yet - while he's in especially good shape.
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography

7. Count your blessings, Heidi. "Especially good shape" is an understatement. I'll be sure NOT to show that photo to DH. lol
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2