Thread: Advices?

1. Red face Advices?

I am thinking of getting a Nikon D80 Mr. Yen is asking if what I want for our 6th Anniv..lol Anyone have any advices for me? Mr. Yen's other suggestions would be the Canon Rebel XTi...Any thoughts on this 2 camera's?

Thanks for the input ladies!

*Yen*
    GALLERY

Camera: Nikon D80
    Software: CS2 and PI12

Honestly Yen, you'd be happy either way. People who have Nikon will prefer Nikon and people who have Canon will prefer Canon. Check out dpreview.com for great and in-depth reviews. I shoot Nikon so you can already predict my bias. From what I've read the Nikkor lenses are a little superior to Canon. Once you buy one or the other, that's what you'll stick with. You're going to be so happy to have a new camera! I can't WAIT to see your pictures with it! Congratulations (on the anniversary too, haha)!

3. ohh i want both also for my birthday.. LOL
    I'm hoping I'll get the Canon btw.. been dreaming for it for so long !!

You can't go wrong with either one! I'm a Canon girl, but in all honesty if I were just starting out, I may go Nikon because I think the colors are often brighter and more vibrant in the Nikon.
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

just to confuse things, i have an olympus e-volt 500. i think it would be in the same class as what you're looking at. the zuiko lens system is just amazing! i love the features, and the feel of it. not too heavy, but still solid.

and mr yen buying you a camera for your anniversary? does it get any better? tell him i'm impressed.

Would Mr YEN buy a Mercedes or a BMW ? they both have superb features and you will definately be happy whatever way you go.

I too am a Nikon girl - I have the D200 and LOVE IT ! I haven't tried the N80 but my backup camera is a D70 and that is great too.

dpreview is a great resource - so look at the features of the 2 cameras as you can compare them online and go for the one that appears to fit your needs !

Remember as well, is not to be too fussed with the whole megapixel thing. It is something the salesman have bombed our brains with - 6/8/10 million pixels - the higher the better --however 6 mgpixels is truly acceptable for the majority of people's photography ! Rather look at OTHER features !

7. Quote Originally Posted by sam ellis View Post
    Would Mr YEN buy a Mercedes or a BMW ? they both have superb features and you will definately be happy whatever way you go.
    LOL..If we are rich...I wouldn't hesitate to ask!

Anyway, thanks for the answers ladies..I will think hard on what to get though..
    Last edited by Yen; 01-20-2007 at 03:35 PM.
    *Yen*
    GALLERY

8. Yen, I think the D80 is an AWESOME camera. I got upgraded from a d70 to a d200 this summer not knowing that the d80 was coming out...if I had, I would have saved my money and got the d80...from everything I hear, it does just about everything the d200 does. Don't know if you have costco access or not, but you can order a great d80 kit at cotsco.com

Have fun...you'll be happy with whatever you get! DSLR's are a lot of fun to work with!

I'm jealous! I want a D80 or a D200 next!!! I just ordered a new computer (yipee) so I'm going to have to wait a while on the new camera. Let us know what you get Yen!

Oh MAN!! You are all making me drool here, LOL!! I want one of those camera's so bad!! I just barely started saving my money. Not even a 10th of a way there, but Hey, I guess I need to start somewhere. I am sure by the time I buy the latest and greatest, something better will come along.

11. Hey ladies! I got the Nikon D80!!!! Wohoooo..and yes, earlier
    *Yen*
    GALLERY

12. Yipee!! I can't wait to see your pictures!! You're going to LOVE IT! I'm so excited for you I can barely type, haha.

Well, since I have a little time to decide. I guess I better study up on the two. Nikon is sounding more like what I want though.

Big CONGRATS to you Yen!! Can't wait to see your photos

Congrats Yen! You'll love it! Looking forward to seeing your snaps

15. Woo Hoo, Yen! You're gonna love it! Can't wait to see your photos along with your beautiful layouts!

16. btw anyone know where to buy cheap camera online?

Proud To Be

for my
    COOL CHICK

cheap sometimes doesnt mean better. Be careful some of the online cheepies are chetars --so be warned.

congrats on the D80 !! SUPERB ...