Thread: What's your colour?

1. What's your colour?

I know some people at work have had their colours 'done' and have completely re-worked their wardrobe as a result! I tend to be drawn to certain colours and can be a bit safe and boring although I'm trying to branch out a bit and have recently purchased a bright pink cardigan which I've worn with an aqua top -ouch!! . I would never EVER wear yellow and tend not to go for red as a first choice. I'm being nosy -what's your favourite colour to wear and what colour would you NEVER be seen in?

Fiona

I've been told that pink and red are my best colors. I cannot under any circumstances wear fall colors (earthy tones) like brown, taupe, khaki, olive, gold. I also cannot get away with bright orange, yellow, green, or chartreuse. I guess I can wear bright versions of any color with some red or blue in it. Some pastels---light blue, pink, coral, green---look good on me. Complexion has everything to do with it, and I am very light-skinned.
    Sarah
    Equipment: Canon T2i (550D) with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, 55-250mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, and 400mm f/5.6L lenses
    Software: Windows 8, PSE 10 (Editor), PSE 6 (Organizer), and PSCS 4

I had my colors done "back in the day," and the consultant said I was an autumn. I'm not so sure because I am drawn to winter colors -- navy, rich red, etc. I tried wearing autumn colors, but they're just not me. I like the jewel tones.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

I had my colors done a long time ago. She had me in all pastels which is all wrong!! I love deep colors and usually wear brown, maroon, black and navy. I will also wear the same colors in lighter version, but don't consider them pastel.

The color consultant did my sister and I and a makeup consult as well (bday present for sis) - she drew a freakin' butterfly on my eyelids with irridescent green eye liner- matched up nicely with coral lipstick and bright coral blush. We left her shop laughing our heads off and walking around downtown with our "makeover". I don't know that I'd ever pay for something like that again...

I did go a little crazy recently and bought a faded red scoop neck tshirt in a worn/sheer-ish cotton (burnout) - would like to incorporate red more, but it's hard to find the right shade.
    denise

Sony A100 DSLR 18-70mm / 1:4xmacro 100-300mm / 50mm 1.7 and 18-200mm lens
    Pentax W90 "indestructible" p&s
    PSE 6.0

I'm an autumn -tried and true. It was not a big surprise to me when I had my *colours* done 20 years ago. I used to follow it religiously, but now that I'm over 60 I've attained the status of not caring about that so much and I can be the winter/spring that I've always envied. What it does for you though, is help your wardrobe budget. You tend to have things that always go-together.
    My Equipment: Nikon D90
    Lenses:Nikkor AF-S 50mm/1.4 G
    Nikkor AF-S 18-105 DX VR
    (soon) Nikkor AF-S 18-200 DX VR ll

Oh my... forgot all about that. Had my colors done 30 yrs. ago and the pallet must be around here someplace. Can't remember what I was. My hair is white now... eyes blue... so I ten to wear a lot of black with reds... periwinkle... etc. Got my interest again... must go check and see what I was in my other life. Fun thread Fiona

7. I had my colors done way back when and was told I was a winter. I've pretty much stuck with the cool color palette ever since.

In college, to be practical, I chose camel, tans and beige for my neutrals. Those colors made me look drab and yellow skinned. My new winter colors (red, pink, purple, etc) revived me and I started going with black or grey for my neutrals colors (for shoes, purse, belts, coat, etc.) instead of camel and tan.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

I know it is probably a silly question, but who and how does your colors? It sounds interesting

9. i had my colors done ages ago, and i was "Autumn," according to their system. however, like you, there are just some colors that i won't go near. one color i was supposed to look good in is a sort of deep pink. so, i bought a sweater, wore it to a party, and felt like i wanted to HIDE all night. then i gave it to one of my sisters. i feel comfortable in white, black, gray/silver, beige. pretty wild....
    Whatnext

my gallery

Never had my colour done, but I love to wear red - blood, deep red, not brassy orange red. It definaltely looks the best on me. Also love black and navy. I can NEVER mix black and brown anywhere in my outfit, even shoes, bag, belt etc.
    Sam

My colors are "clean" and "doesn't need to be ironed". Hopeless, I know...
    Mary Ann

Projects and Photographs

My tools: Nikon D60; 70-300 mm & 17-70mm lenses;
    PSE; ML-L3 wireless shutter release

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeony View Post
    My colors are "clean" and "doesn't need to be ironed". Hopeless, I know...
    Totally
    My Gallery

My Blog: Feed Your Spirit

Cameras: Canon Rebel XS DSLR and Canon Power Shot SD900 Digital Elph point-n-shoot
    Software: PSE8 and Lightroom 2

Maybe we should revive the "Color Me Beautiful" fad...I am a cool color girl, look good in turquoise and watermelon and if I pair them with brown, it has to be a cool brown as well. Look AWFUL in olive green, yellow and tan.
    My Gallery

My Gear: Canon 50D, Canon EF 50mm 1.4, Canon EF 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 IS, Tamron 28-300mm IF
    My Software: PSE 7, Noiseware Professional, Lightroom 1.4

14. OH! I'm hopeless with fashion. I do love wearing orange though. It makes me so happy. (Does that make me an autumn?) I kinda stick to neutrals (black, tan, whites) otherwise.

I have olive skin and look ghastly in anything yellowish - mustard, apricot - all blaah!
    I am drawn to neutrals and blues. Just imagine me dressed in my scrap pages and you probably get the picture!
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

I've never had my colours done but wear red a fair bit (because I'm shy and retiring, ROFL). Actually I always feel zippy in it.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Would be interesting to have my colours done. I realised recently how many purple tops I have, and blue. I tend to avoid red, orange, mustard with my colouring.

I also never thought I liked green, but seem to have come round to it.
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 12 for Mac, run on my Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D or still my trusty IXUS 950IS ( though it clunks a lot opening its shutter), or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

18. Did you get the "directions" email?
    Whatnext

my gallery

Quote Originally Posted by echogirl View Post
    OH! I'm hopeless with fashion.
    I'm the same way, Doris

Autumn, and it was an aha! moment for me. I had recently come from a lot of years in tropical/desert climates and still at times had tried to wear what my mother dressed me in for so many year...navy blue. I never looked good in navy unless I had a cream near me but I didn't know that then.

It's funny that my hs uniform was tan blazer, brown skirt and white shirt. I always liked that combo while most of my classmates groaned. Well as an autumn, I 'did' know what I liked even tho I didn't know I was an autumn nor was that color combo very popular in teenage clothes.

For 10 years, I wore a lot of BRIGHT red since that was my boss's campaign color and I wanted the voters to remember that color. I'd never worn red before but came to love it.
    Now my fave is yellow...mostly because my dh always gives me compliments when I wear yellow. (Still catering to my audience!)
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5