Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sigh..another downturn

Sigh..another downturn

Dick texted me yesterdy from Wisconsin to let me know things are not looking good. He had had a call from Rich and conveyed most of the info that was in the June 6 post. For every up, there seems to be another down, but every day of life is precious. Rich has to get home for the class he is teaching this short semester so if you would say a special prayer for Sharlah alone in Tucson, again. Thanks so much...Maureen

~~~~~~~~Messages from friend Kate.
    Monday, June 7, 2010 9:02 AM, MST

Spoke with Sharlah this morning and they will be doing a cat scan on Bekah today.* She has a fever and has been vomiting.* I'll let you know what they find when I talk to Sharlah.

Thanks for your continued prayers.* Please pray for Sharlah's strength today because she is so scared of more complications and setbacks for Bekah.* She has to put on such a brave and happy face for Bekah and I know it is just as overwhelming for her.* She needs extra strength today

Sunday, June 6, 2010 8:27 PM, MST
    Sharlah sent me a message that they think Bekah may have a slow bleed occurring.* That is the reason for the discomfort that she described with her colostomy.* Her hemo count dropped a little since yesterday.* They are going to try infusing her with platelets to see if it resolves itself.* They are watching her carefully.* Please pray that the platelet infusion works.* Richard will be heading home tonight and Sharlah will be there by herself for the week.* I'll update when I hear more from Sharlah. Thanks for all your prayers
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Lifting up prayers for the whole family.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

Thank you for the update. Still praying.
    Shar

Just passing through.

PSE-9 and CS5 on Windows 7
    PC
    Canon Rebel xsi

You all continue to be in my prayers.

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

You will be in our prayers, too!

Dick and Sharlah are texting back and forth, and he'll fly down from his conference in Madison if things get worse. Maureen
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

Oh Maureen.. this is so heartbreaking.. that poor little thing has been through so much.. I'll continue to pray for all of them
    We do not remember days; we remember MOMENTS

My Gear:
    Nikon D50, Nikon D200, SB600, SB800,
    Nikkor F1.4 50mm, various zoom lenses
    PSE 8.0 for Mac and a wonderful 21.5 IMAC
    Wacom Intuos 4

8. Bekah is in my heart....I pray for her and all her family. May there be better news soon. Hugs!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

My heart is heavy for your family....I continue to keep Bekah in my prayers and hope there is a turnaround soon.
    Pam

My Stuff: Nikon D80, Nikkor 50 mm 1.4, Nikkor 18 - 135mm, Nikkor 80 - 200mm, Speedlight SB-600 and my gorgeous Epiphanie Lola Camera Bag!
    Software: Dell Studio XPS, PSE 11 and Bamboo Fun

Will keep them all in my heart and prayers..hope things turn positive soon!!!
    Vicki
    Peace..Love..Art

My Gallery

11. Saying a special prayer of strength for Sharlah & Rich.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

Oh no! What a looong road to recovery this is!
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

13. they all must be exhausted. this is all so hard to imagine. thoughts and prayers for you all.
    Whatnext

my gallery

You all continue to be in my prayers... I can't even imagine living this situation.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I am keeping Bekah and the family in my prayers.
    started paper scrapping: Oct '01
    started digi scrapping: Feb '09

my blog, resume, etc: Muse Flash
    my GALLERY HERE AT DESIGNER DIGITALS

16. Saying prayers now. May there be good news soon.
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

Thank you everyone. btw, Sharlah is still dumbfounded at how many people care about Bekah. I don't think she comprehends the vastness of the internet network.

I had totally forgotten that Bekah and Michael were both going to this summer camp. While it is mostly for children with cancer, it is also for others with critical labels and their siblings. What a big disappointment for everyone. I know Sharlah and Rich were looking forward to some adult couple time. Maureen

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    They got the results of the scan back and they found blood pockets that had formed in her front and back. They believe from all the manipulation during surgery. They are going to keep her infused with platelets to keep the level above 100,000 and keep close watch over her during this next week. Hopefully the issues will resolve and the extra platelets will do the trick. They are very disappointed about this setback. It will obviously keep their family apart longer and sadly Bekah is missing the camp that she was supposed to be a part of this month run by the American Cancer Assoc. It would have been her first time away from Sharlah and around other kids who understand what she's been going through. Unfortunately it seems that no procedure ever goes exactly as planned for this little one. Please continue praying for them and I will update again soon Thanks so much!
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

18. Maureen, Bekah continues to be on our church's prayer list. I'm so sorry she will miss the camp. I can imagine how thrilled she was at the prospect of being with other kids who understood what she's going through. Praying that this latest round of treatment goes well and soon!
    Tracy

Software PS CS6
    Platform Mac (Naturally)
    Camera Canon 60D

So sorry to hear this, Maureen. Prayed this morning for Bekah and the family--so hard, so draining.
    Laura in CT

My Gear: Canon 40D; 15-85mm, 55-250mm, & 50mm f/1.8; PSE6 & Aperture 3.
    My Blog: Honeypot Rambles
    My DD Gallery

Maureen... So sorry to hear about these steps backward. Hopefully, there are huge leaps of good steps forward coming soon! Positive thoughts and hugs!
    ~Jenn~

My Toys are:
    CS6
    MacBook Pro, Nikon D7000x, iPhone4

Today's post.

Things have not changed much since yesterday. Bekah's hemo dropped from 9.3 yesterday down to 6 today. Her clotting factors are off also. Her platelets are holding. They're giving her plasma and clotting factors. Her body just needs to kick in and take over. She needs dialysis, but Sharlah thinks the docs will try and hold off until tomorrow. Her belly is very swollen though and her incision is beginning to ooze a little. Prayers needed that her body can do what it needs to and for Sharlah's strength as she faces another day of challenges. Thank you so much.
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

22. Oh Maureen. Please keep the updates coming. My thoughts and prayers are with Bekah and her family.

What a rollercoaster ride it has been for your poor family. We will continue to pray for each and every one of you. Thank you for keeping us updated.
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

Continued prayers for sweet Bekah and her family!! Thank you for the updates!! God Bless!!

You are all in my prayers.
    Carolyn

Blog: House of Amson

My Camera: Nikon D300
    Lenses Include: Nikon 18-200, Nikon 50 mm 1.8 and 1.4, Tokina Macro 100mm 2.8, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 (newest indulgence)

The Drs. decided to operate this afternoon. Looks like Dick will stay in Wisconsin, and I'll stay here. I'm so glad Rich was able to go down to Tucson with Sharlah. They both must be mighty sick of that drive and all it means. But having Mommy AND Daddy is a big deal to a little girl. Thanks for praying and all your well wishes. Maureen
    ~~~~~~~~

Bekah is out of surgery and not on the vent! It went well. They cleared out all the clots and removed alot of blood. She is having some oozing from some of the organs, but because they are raw. Not the same kind of bleeding they saw back in February. Much better now than it was then! Thanks for all your prayers! They're getting Bekah settled into her room and I'm sure I'll talk to Sharlah later with more details.
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

So glad it went well! I will continue to pray for this dear family!!

*Hugs* to you and your family. You are all in my prayers.
    Nikon D700
    Lens Nikon 24-70 2.8, 50mm 1.4, 60mm 2.8 macro, Flash SB600
    Dell PC, PSE5 and Wacom Bamboo fun

29. i was so saddened at the start of this thread, but thanks for the much happier update a couple posts up. bekah is in my prayers....as are all of you.
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast

She is in my thoughts for a continued recovery - such a strong little girl she is!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast