Thread: LOVE 'It's complicated'

1. LOVE 'It's complicated'

DH is away for a sailing weekend so I indulged myself with a movie last night and this hit the spot! Sure it's predictable and of course total fantasy! If you haven't already seen it - Meryl Streep's character is a super successful business woman with a beautiful house, no obvious help but still has enough energy to have a romp with her ex, spend time with friends, drink lots of wine and bake croissants from scratch after a date - unbelievable!!

I must say good for Alec Baldwin baring his body and showing off his paunch and sticking his fingers up to the six pack nazis!! - but then I've always rather liked well built hairy men, I'm in touch with my inner cave girl LOL!!!

Well, like Meryl I'm off to clean the bathroom, do something with my riot of a bedroom like hang up some clothes, work on timetables, plant out planters in the back garden, iron a mountain of clothes, laugh with friends, drink wine, make some late night croissants and maybe the most delicious fudge cake known to man and my kitchen will still be worthy of a spread in Beautiful Homes afterwords - that'll be right!! Off to drink coffee instead ? Hehe!

Fiona

Have to see that one, Fiona. I'm into total fantasy in my movies these days!! In my case the romp with ex might be rather less than fantasy, but then some people are luckier in their ex's I guess!!!
    Sharon

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Oh, Fiona -- I was hoping you would take pictures of the activities in that last paragraph and do a spread! Might have to check out the movie. I love Meryl Streep but can't abide Alec Baldwin.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

I'm glad you're off to have coffee instead of doing all the things on your list... because I was a bit worried about how you might fit some "romping" in as your husband is off sailing!
    My Gallery

My Blog: Feed Your Spirit

Cameras: Canon Rebel XS DSLR and Canon Power Shot SD900 Digital Elph point-n-shoot
    Software: PSE8 and Lightroom 2

I enjoyed the movie and was totally in love with her house!!

Yes, the biggest fantasy was how well adapted the kids were in that film. But I loved it too. And ah, Fiona, I don't believe you have had an ex? Explains the open mind.... I thought the character was played By Baldwin masterfully to it's nasty perfection of selfishness. Not so enamored of the body!!
    just call me Uma

I guess I SHOULD remove the blinkie.
    BUT I'm not gonna!

Better off having your coffee it sounds like
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

8. Did you say Fudge Cake? Love the combo of Meryl, Alec and Steve!

I LOVED that movie and was so incredibly jealous of her kitchen!!

Well... my hubby is away for a few days and I hadn't even thought of a good movie. Dog and mother keeping me busy. Something wrong with this picture? But Alex... not even in my wildest fantasies... A nice bit of red sounds delightful however. Glad you're having a fun time Fiona

Just got through watching it and it was too funny! I loved when they got stoned..the whole thing! Her house was pretty incredible! Love anything Meryl Streep does. The only hot thing about Alec Baldwin for me was his eyes!
    Vicki
    Peace..Love..Art

My Gallery

I'm a huge Steve Martin fan. I would have totally fallen for him. He was the real thing and as much as I love Alec (don't shoot me because I also love Woody), I was glad the nicest guy won.

I'm holding out on this one till Dick goes away next week. That and Avatar. Redbox has them both round here.

btw, it was 'Meryl's kitchen in As Good As it Gets that clinched my soapstone counters decision during our kitchen renovation. The movie ones were honed granite but I wanted the practicality of soapstone with a similar look.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/Mavericks
    PSE11/LR5

Oh, I LOVED this movie! I'm an inner cave girl, myself. :O)
    ~Kelly

I LOVED the movie!!! As an interior designer... i was totally in love with her house too and couldn't figure out why she needed to add on and redo???!! It was beautiful as is! The story was fun too... kind of hoped the ending was different tho...(trying not to be a spoiler here...) I did think that the relationship between the adult kids was a bit too "Brady Bunch". No one gets along that well with siblings, right? Good movie!

DH is away for the week, and tonight it will be this one or Avatar! Yeah Redbox movies!
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

Quote Originally Posted by maureenreynolds View Post
    DH is away for the week, and tonight it will be this one or Avatar! Yeah Redbox movies!
    Oh, Avatar is fantastic, too! Totally different. I think you need to make it a double feature. :O)
    ~Kelly

Yes! Avatar had me on the edge of my seat! Just and awesome movie!

Would you believe I rented "It's Complicated" at one Giant (grocery store), and "Avatar" at another? Would you believe??? I'm sure you would...
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5