Thread: Suggestions?

Suggestions?

Good Afternoon everyone!

I am very new to this digital scrapbooking and am very excited to start! I have a few books I've been wanting to do, and feel more motivated now to do them digitaly rather than the old paper way. This may seem silly but does anyone have a suggestion on a book that would be a good starter?

I want to make a family recipe book from recipes back to my great grandma and thought that might be a good starter? I figure you guys are the experts so I wanted to see what you had to say! I am loving it here such a fun addiction!

Jayna

I know Cathy Z was working on recipe templates... if you go to the store and search on recipe several sets come up.. Since you are so new templates may be the easiest way to go although I know some of the ladies have made beautiful LOs on their own as well.. The Pattie Know set looks like it might be easiest for what you're planning.
    We do not remember days; we remember MOMENTS

My Gear:
    Nikon D50, Nikon D200, SB600, SB800,
    Nikkor F1.4 50mm, various zoom lenses
    PSE 8.0 for Mac and a wonderful 21.5 IMAC
    Wacom Intuos 4

Welcome!!! Hope to see some of these pages in the gallery!

I think this is a great album and as Donna mentioned templates are a great place to start when you are new =)

What’s Cooking? 12 x 12 Template Album - Digital Scrapbooking Templates

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

I think a cookbook would be a great place to start. Here is another set of templates too

Recipe Layered Template QuadPack No. 01 - Digital Scrapbooking Templates

and then there is this kit that I just adore
    Bakers Delight Kit - Digital Scrapbooking Kits DesignerDigitals

Have you done any travels lately? That always makes a nice book or childhood years, a year in the life thing.....
    There are so many sets of templates you could use and it makes it so much easier
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Thanks for those helpful hits! I do believe this will be an expensive hobbie! Anke, I havent had any recent travels but yes I do believe I will do a childhood book, high school, other trips. I just need to take a few tutorials to get me in the right direction to start

I think a recipe book is a great place to start! You'll have to get the Eat Cake kit, too!

I'm not helping your budget, am I?! But if you pick a template set and kit you may not need much more to complete a whole set of recipes!
    I did a recipe book for my daughter for Christmas (it's on flickr here but I used newspaper clippings and clipart and all sorts of things on mine).
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets