Thread: 3 Day Old Newbie to Digital SB and this Site

Moved to Northern Virginia in 1971 from West Virginia.

3 Day Old Newbie to Digital SB and this Site

I feel so lucky to have stumbled into this site on my very first day of entering the world of Digital. Got into photobooks when my daughter's first son was born and she gave me a photobook gift of my 3 weeks with her to help with my new grandson. (She's in San Diego, I'm in Northern VA.) I got hooked on Shutterfly and have many photobooks. I also have tons of traditional scrap booking materials collecting dust--guilt sweeps over me at times because of the money spent! But it quickly passes!!! While browsing the community section in Shutterfly and looking at so many digital books, I was envious! So here I am. My first posts were to the Tips sections because I ran into my first glitch which landed me here, and into the DD community. You all sound like my kind of gals (and guys) and I humbly wish to sit and learn from all of you. I'm obsessive-compulsive, so when I go into something, I go in over my head! Hopefully this will be the good side of that characteristic!
    Happy Easter everyone!

Welcome! You are in good company with the rest of us obsessive compulsive Designer Digitals fanatics Looking forward to seeing your pages in the gallery!
    My Gallery

My Blog: Feed Your Spirit

Cameras: Canon Rebel XS DSLR and Canon Power Shot SD900 Digital Elph point-n-shoot
    Software: PSE8 and Lightroom 2

Welcome.. I'm fairly new too and can tell you that you found the best place on the web. I had mentioned this in a post months ago but I sold all my paper scrapbook stuff on Ebay and collected enough money to buy a Mac :-) Some of the other ladies have had Scrapbooking Yard Sales or donated their supplies to nursing homes or nursery schools.. just some ideas for when you're ready to clear everything out
    We do not remember days; we remember MOMENTS

My Gear:
    Nikon D50, Nikon D200, SB600, SB800,
    Nikkor F1.4 50mm, various zoom lenses
    PSE 8.0 for Mac and a wonderful 21.5 IMAC
    Wacom Intuos 4

Welcome!! so glad you found DD and so glad you joined us!! Can't wait to see you posting in the gallery. You are going to love it here.
    Terry

Terry's Tales

Gear: Nikon D60
    Software: CS4
    Platform: Mac

Welcome and yes, you are among many who love, love, love this world!
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

Welcome! Enjoy the fun of the addicition (and it is the good side of that term)!!!

7. How fun to hear the enthusiasm of a new convert to digital scrapping! Welcome! I'm so glad you landed here!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Welcome to DD -- we're all addicted to digital scrapbooking, so you're in good company. Looking forward to seeing your layouts in the gallery.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

You'll love it here. I'm not completely OC, but I AM totally addicted to this site and to digi-scrapping. : )

welcome! my husband calls me a serial obsessionist. totally get that impulse!
    Debbie

As you can tell...we are just a bunch of addicts!!! You will love this site and the wonderful products they create for us!!

Welcome! Can't wait to see your pages!
    Pam

My Stuff: Nikon D80, Nikkor 50 mm 1.4, Nikkor 18 - 135mm, Nikkor 80 - 200mm, Speedlight SB-600 and my Epiphanie Lola Camera Bag!
    Software: Dell Studio XPS, PSE 11 and Bamboo Fun

Welcome to DD!!! Looking forward to seeing your pages

Welcome at DD! You are gonna love it here!

Welcome to DD, it makes me laugh when someone else catches the digi bug and finds DD, it just makes me happy
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery