Thread: Another Newbie

Another Newbie

Hello!

I'm a newbie from Canada. Have been a fan of this site for awhile (love looking at the galleries) although I scrapbooked the traditional way. It all changed when I went on a trip to NYC & was printing out the pictures at my local Costco when the lab tech suggested I do my album digitally, especially since I planned on doing a second album as a gift for my Mum who was on the same trip.

That suggestion stuck. I figured if others could learn to do this, I could. It took me six months (huge learning curve) but I finished the album in time for Christmas. Mum loved it & I was hooked. Even better, my DH gave me a notebook for Christmas (I guess I hogged the computer) with enough power/memory for scrappin'. Love it!

To make a long story short, after a few more pages I decided I was going to go digi all the way. My crop group thinks I'm nuts (they're traditional scrappers), but I love it! There's no mess, all I have to bring is my notebook, you can alter paper/elements, easy to share & my favorite part - the undo button!

Looking forward to meeting people passionate about digi scrapping & learning more about it!
    Michelle

2. Michelle, thanks for sharing how you evolved from a traditional to a digital scrapper. You will find lots of company here at Designer Digitals who agree with your reasons for loving digital.

Can't wait to have you sharing in our gallery. Sounds like you already have a whole album of layouts you've created.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Love Costco and you will love it here. So glad you are joining in the forums.
    just call me Uma

I guess I SHOULD remove the blinkie.
    BUT I'm not gonna!

Retired Creative Team Member and always family

Welcome, it's always glad to see we've snagged another scrapper over to the "Dark Side"! Like Merrilee said, there are lots of us here who have very similar stories, and the same reasons for moving over to digital scrapping.

The girls I crop with here are all paper scrappers, too, and think I look weird when I lug my desktop (yes, desktop---I can't afford a laptop quite yet!) to crops. They all love the finished product, but haven't made the leap yet.

Welcome!
    Sarah
    Equipment: Canon T2i (550D) with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, 55-250mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, and 400mm f/5.6L lenses
    Software: Windows 8, PSE 10 (Editor), PSE 6 (Organizer), and PSCS 4

Welcome to DD you've found the right place if you're looking for passionate digi scrappers..you're going to love it here..
    We do not remember days; we remember MOMENTS

My Gear:
    Nikon D50, Nikon D200, SB600, SB800,
    Nikkor F1.4 50mm, various zoom lenses
    PSE 8.0 for Mac and a wonderful 21.5 IMAC
    Wacom Intuos 4

Welcome to DD and I will be looking forward to you sharing pages here in the gallery!
    Julie DeGuia
    Kennewick, WA
    My Blog

Michelle -- loved reading the story of your conversion to digi. You're going to love it here at DD, and I'm looking forward to seeing your pages in the gallery soon.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome Michelle! Loved reading about your road to digi too! You will never regret it and you will have so much FUN being a part of our awesome community!
    My Gallery

My Blog: Feed Your Spirit

Cameras: Canon Rebel XS DSLR and Canon Power Shot SD900 Digital Elph point-n-shoot
    Software: PSE8 and Lightroom 2

Hi, Michelle!

It's so funny how so many of us have similar stories about how we "got here". The lack of "mess" is one of my favorite reasons for digital scrapbooking, but you are right, UNDO is my friend!!

Glad to "meet" you. Welcome!

Hi Michelle! Welcome to DD!!

Welcome, you have come to the right place! We are all a little over the top addicted here and it's so much fun!!!! Can't wait to see all your pages in the gallery...
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Thanks for the warm welcome! You all are so helpful & I'm already learning new things...
    Michelle

Welcome... I switched from paper for the very same reasons. My friends thought I was a little nuts but they are slowly coming over one by one to the dark side

Looking forward to seeing you in the gallery!

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram