Thread: Very newbie!! :)

1. Very newbie!! :)

Hi everyone--I'm Nikki. Been paper scrapping forEVer (feels like it, anyway, 14 yrs or so, since the good ol' days of sticker sneeze) but only in the past week have we finally gotten a computer with enough umph to run PSE, and I'm now looking forward to transitioning at least some of my scrapping to digi! I just joined DD a few minutes ago, I have a handful of digi kits downloaded and untouched, and I have PSE 8 (also untouched) and that's the extent of my digi life so far!! Been checking out the "favorites" thread here and, holy cow, trying not to feel overwhelmed! LOL Mostly I'm anxious to learn, learn, learn...!

Bit of personal stuff--I'm a sahm for now, and a Navy wife. We have two little guys, Sam (5) and Levi (almost 2) and live in Southern California (for now).

Look forward to getting to know DD and digi scrapping!

Welcome, Nikki, I saw your post on Victoria's (USMCWifey) post just a minute ago and was hoping you'd introduce yourself. This is a friendly place for sure, and it won't take long to get addicted. You've only been here a couple hours and already have two posts---so where's your gallery? Definitely don't be overwhelmed; everyone has their own style, and for sure it took me six months or so of solid digiscrapping (after a decade of the paper stuff---yeah, Mrs. Grossman's, bring it on!) before I fell into my style, which wound up being a lot like my paper style. Whatever suits you.

Get a hold of some of Cassie's tutorials and when the little guys are quiet (I have one 2-year-old boy [and a 9-year-old girl] and he never stops except at bedtime) sit down and have yourself some scrapping time. You could pick one or two things you want to figure out first, or find a page you really like, and try to learn some of the techniques on the page.

And, most importantly, Go Navy! Beat Army!

Sarah
    Sarah
    Equipment: Canon T2i (550D) with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, 55-250mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, and 400mm f/5.6L lenses
    Software: Windows 8, PSE 10 (Editor), PSE 6 (Organizer), and PSCS 4

3. Don't feel overwhelmed. We all started out new at one point or another. You've joined a great place!
    Look forward to seeing your los!

Hi, Nikki, welcome to DD! It's great to have you here, and I'm sure we'll be seeing your pages in the gallery in no time.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome! You've come to the right place and great attitude "anxious to learn, learn learn." Enjoy and have fun!!!

The freebie templates would also be a great place to start. It is SO quick to put together a LO using a template. It's like using a PageMaps sketch as a starting point for a paper page but 100 times better
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Yes, I agree with Esther, check out the templates, they are such a great help! It's so good to have you here, I hope to see a lot of you in the gallery You'll get the hang of the whole thing real quick. If you need any help, just ask and if you need a quickstart, there are some awesome tutorials in the store. They are really helpful! You can check out the "How to and Quick tips" forum also....
    Again, just ask!!!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Welcome Nikki! You'll pick it up in no time... and never look back... in fact, just go list your paper supplies on Craig's List right now!
    My Gallery

My Blog: Feed Your Spirit

Cameras: Canon Rebel XS DSLR and Canon Power Shot SD900 Digital Elph point-n-shoot
    Software: PSE8 and Lightroom 2

WELCOME! You will learn so much here, don't be afraid to ask anything!
    Victoria

Welcome Nikki!!! Your going to love it here

11. It is so good to have you here with us, Nikki! I'll bet that you will really begin to love digi and become comfortable in no time. I will be looking forward to your first layout in the gallery.

And, it is always great having a military wife here . . . way back when, I was an army wife and loved the life (most of it that is)!
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

Welcome to DD. A terrific community here, and very helpful.

Susie
    MY GEAR: Sony Cybershot; Olympus E-500 DigitalSLR
    MY SOFTWARE: Lightroom 2; PSE7; Photoshop CS2; Wacom Intuos 3 Graphics Tablet; Painter 8.

It's great to have you here. I love learning too, which is something you can keep doing for a long time with Photoshop.