Thread: Hi Everyone!!!!

Talking Hi Everyone!!!!

Hellloooooo Everyone!
    I've been lurking around and reading here and there a bit... you are all so very VERY creative -- intimidating creative! Now, it is time for me to stop lurking and introduce myself. (I feel like I should be standing up in front of you all!)... Here we go....

My name is Jenn, and I'm from NJ... I have been married to a great guy, Peter for about 8 years (we joke that it feels like 50!, lol). We met in college at a fraternity party of all places! Lots of interesting stories to pass onto our kids!

Well, we have two little boys! They are 5 and 22 months.... and they drive me bonkers - but I love em, and they keep me laughing! They are so charming, and handsome and silly...but I am biased! My oldest, Shayne is very imaginative and i love listening to him describe things from his perspective. My little one, Colin, is my "divo" -- my boy term for diva. He is so cute, and independent at his age, he makes me laugh! He has such facial expressions, and we got him to raise one eyebrow already!

I started digital scrapping here and there a couple of years ago, but never really got anything done. Recently, I have started some PSE tutorials, and it sort of became a NYE resolution. Since I love it; I make time to learn and create. I want to enjoy it and have fun. I think last time I was getting too frustrated...

But anyway... I love reading/listening to books, futzing around on the computer/internet, and being silly. I work at a Stair Manufacturer - small, unstressful, flexible, and laid back - you guessed it -- we make Custom stairs and Railing Systems. Sounds fun, right!? Ha! I handle all the accounts receivables, and collections. I like it and it works for me and my family. I used to work in New York City, but after kids, the flexibility really works for us. Plus, getting to wear jeans and sneakers is much better than suits!!!

I hope you all have enjoyed my rambling... and I hope to get to know some of you!
    Jenn

Welcome.. so glad you came out of Lurkdom.. I'm from NJ also and I believe there are a few others here.. You're going to enjoy being part of this community it's such a wonderful group of people
    We do not remember days; we remember MOMENTS

My Gear:
    Nikon D50, Nikon D200, SB600, SB800,
    Nikkor F1.4 50mm, various zoom lenses
    PSE 8.0 for Mac and a wonderful 21.5 IMAC
    Wacom Intuos 4

Welcome, Jenn -- it's great to have you here at DD!
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome Jenn, looking forward to seeing your layouts.

5. Welcome to DD, Jenn! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. I look forward to getting to know you. Sounds like your boys will provide some great stories to share!
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

6. Welcome Jenn. Looks like you are going to fit right in here..you are hilarious LOL 'divo'.

Welcome Jenn! This is a great place to be!
    Sharon

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I appreciate it!
    I just love the products here, and the fact that the community seems so friendly... and it seems that everywhere you turn there is support... so this time I won't get frustrated!

Jenn

Welcome to DD Jenn

Welcome to an almost neighbor from a gal in Connecticut.

Welcome Jenn, you will really find this a great supportive community.
    Carolyn

Blog: House of Amson

My Camera: Nikon D300
    Lenses Include: Nikon 18-200, Nikon 50 mm 1.8 and 1.4, Tokina Macro 100mm 2.8, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 (newest indulgence)

It is so nice to meet you Jenn!!! Please don't feel intimidated, we all started where you are and you will be good in no time. Check out Cassie's tutorials, they are awesome! I bet we will get to see your boys a lot
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Hello all... Thanks for the warm welcome! Enjoy your weekend!
    Jenn

Welcome! So happy you introduced yourself!
    * Aino *

My gallery

: Nikon D800 & Nikon Df with various lenses.
    : Lightroom and PSCS6

15. NIce to meet you Jenn....welcome!!
    Sarah

CS4, iMac

16. Yes, good to meet you, Jenn!

I lurked for a year, myself, before ever posting a page! I'm glad you came out of lurkdom because it is so fun to be a part of the DD community!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

I'm looking forward to getting to know both you and your boys better, Jenn. This is such a great place for inspiration and support. You'll love it here.

Hi Jenn! Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself! We are always glad to have new friends join us!
    My Gallery

My Blog: Feed Your Spirit

Cameras: Canon Rebel XS DSLR and Canon Power Shot SD900 Digital Elph point-n-shoot
    Software: PSE8 and Lightroom 2

Welcome to DD! You found a great place to learn and create =) Hope to see much more of you and those cute little ones!

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

Welcome to DD! Can't wait to meet your boys through your pages!
    Beckie

Welcome Jenn. I lurked too and am so glad I 'came out'! it's a great place to be!

I lurked at first, too. Checked out MANY sites. Decided this one was hands down the best and have never had occasion to think otherwise. Welcome!

Welcome to DD, Jenn
    It's nice to meet you.

24. Thanks for the wonderful introduction Jenn. So glad you found us and I am looking forward to seeing your pages in the gallery!
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast