Thread: Newbie

Hi! My name is Crystie and I am a brand new digital scrapbooker. I have been a paper scrapper for 13 years and I am not tech savvy, so the learning curve is steep! I have posted a couple of questions here and gotten great tips -- thanks!

I live in Texas and have been married to my college sweetheart for 26 years. We have three children ages 23, 20 and 18.

I teach preschoolers with disabilities and absolutely LOVE my job!

Don't imagine you'll see me in the gallery for quite some time, but I'm excited about learning from all of you and getting to know you!

2. Welcome to DD Crystie! It's great to have you here with us. Hang in there - it will all click. Don't hesitate to ask for help when you get stuck!
    Sara

My DD Gallery: sarahorton
    My Blog

Welcome Crystie... we've all been there but DD is a great place to learn and be inspired. There is a wealth of info and talent here but don't get discouraged... it's such fun tlearning this wonderful art...

Welcome to DD, Crystie -- it's nice to have you join us. I was a paper scrapper, too, before I went digital. You'll be posting layouts before you know it.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome Crystie.. and make yourself comfortable... you're going to love it here
    We do not remember days; we remember MOMENTS

My Gear:
    Nikon D50, Nikon D200, SB600, SB800,
    Nikkor F1.4 50mm, various zoom lenses
    PSE 8.0 for Mac and a wonderful 21.5 IMAC
    Wacom Intuos 4

welcome!
    Heather

Welcome! It's a great place to be!
    Beckie

Hi! I know you'll love it here. Help is never far away, and nor is inspiration.

9. Welcome from another newbie! I just joined last week, and I, too, am hooked. This group of gals is sooo great about helping and encouraging.
    kelly
    Louisburg, KS

my blog

Welcome, Crystie! Look forward to seeing you in the gallery. This is a wonderful site with a wealth of information and so many generous people willing to share.

As for the learning curve. My goal was to learn one new thing each day. Don't get overwhelmed. Keep a list of your questions and ask here and someone will have the answer or some guidance for you.

Enjoy and have fun!
    Donna

Welcome... you found one of the best places to learn! Hope to see you in the gallery soon!!!

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

Welcome to DD and please don't be shy about posting! We all had to start out where you are and you will learn really fast, just watch!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Welcome! This is the best place to be
    -anx -

My Gallery
    My toys: Canon 5D mkII, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS, Canon 100 mm f/2.8 macro, Sigma 50 mm f/1.4, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8
    iMac with Lightroom 5, Adobe CS6 Design Premium

Welcome to DD! Your going to love it here

You've found the very best place to be - ask questions, browse the gallery, ask more questions - you'll be a pro before you know!
    Sharon

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

16. Welcome, Crystie! So glad you introduced yourself! I hope you start posting your layouts soon.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

17. This is a great place to learn and have fun...and when you are feeling up to it, get your layouts posted! We would love to see them!
    Sarah

CS4, iMac

18. Welcome to DD Crystie! This is a wonderful place to learn...ask any questions you may have and be sure and post your pages, we would love to see them!!
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast