Thread: Hi everyone!

Smile Hi everyone!

Hi, my name is Sharon & Im new to the site.

Looks like loads of fun but not quite sure where to start yet. I'm a stay-at-home mom of 2, 10 yr old son & 6 yr old daughter with Aspergers. I looooooove my family and look forward to capturing all of our awesome moments in scrapbooking. My challenge will be pulling myself away from the computer to actually get stuff done around the house.

Have a great day!

Hi, Sharon -- it's great to have you with us at DD. At the top of the page, you'll see a purple bar. One of the links is a "Getting Started" topic and will help you get your scrapping going. Cassie's tutorials in the store are also wonderful. Check them out. I look forward to seeing your pages in the gallery.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Well Hi Sharon. So glad you found DD! Linda's advice is great--the Getting Started link is a wonderful place to start and then Cassie's tutorials are the best. Can't wait to see you in the gallery.
    Terry

Terry's Tales

Gear: Nikon D60
    Software: CS4
    Platform: Mac

Welcome to DD!

Welcome Sharon! "What Linda said!". That would have helped me a lot when I started out if I'd noticed it. But do ask questions when in doubt and be sure to tell us what operating system and what software you're using. Then the answers can be specific to what you're working on.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/Mavericks
    PSE11/LR5

Quote Originally Posted by digichik View Post
    My challenge will be pulling myself away from the computer to actually get stuff done around the house.
    You are not alone there! Welcome to the site!
    Julie DeGuia
    Kennewick, WA
    My Blog

Welcome Sharon... glad you joined us! Hope to see more of you around =)

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

Hi Sharon, welcome to this wonderful site! Hope you will have loads of fun here!

Always nice to meet another Sharon! Welcome to a fantastic place - it's a great place to learn and I 'll look forward to seeing your pages in the gallery!
    Sharon

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome Sharon You've found the right place... both those getting started tutorials and Cassie'd tutorials are great. As far as tearing yourself away from the computer to do other things...if you check out the 'Housework or Scrapping' thread on the 'General Digital' forum you'll see that you have lots of company :-)
    We do not remember days; we remember MOMENTS

My Gear:
    Nikon D50, Nikon D200, SB600, SB800,
    Nikkor F1.4 50mm, various zoom lenses
    PSE 8.0 for Mac and a wonderful 21.5 IMAC
    Wacom Intuos 4

Welcome! This is our home away from home ( and away from laundry and grocery shopping, etc!!) Glad you found us.

I think we all have trouble getting away from the computer Welcome to DD, it's great to have you here!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Welcome to DD!
    Beckie

14. Hi Sharon! So glad you introduced yourself. It's great to have you here, so, WELCOME! Everyone is very friendly and very knowledgeable and willing to share info and tips, so, be sure to ask questions.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

Hi Sharon and welcome! So glad you're here and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
    started paper scrapping: Oct '01
    started digi scrapping: Feb '09

my blog, resume, etc: Muse Flash
    my GALLERY HERE AT DESIGNER DIGITALS

Hi there Sharon. Great to have you here. Looking forward to seeing your layouts in the gallery :-)

(I have a wonderful aspie 7 year old daughter by the way)