Thread: I need a wireless printer

1. I need a wireless printer

I need a wireless printer that will not be used for photo-printing, but needs to have a high print quality (just because I'm a print-quality snob--lol!) I will mostly use this for printing notebooking, lapbooking projects (which do have images so need good printer). I don't need a fax or a scanner. So does anyone have one they can recommend? I did a quick search but nothing jumped out at me. The last time I did an impulse printer purchase it turned out you could only buy the ink at Circuit City and all those stores went under
    ~Maureen
    My Gallery
    My Blog
    My Writing
    My tools:
    PSE 6.0
    Rebel T3i, 50mm 1.4, 80-200mm

Mo - I got the Epson Artisan 810 all-in-one for Christmas and I LOVE it!!! I didn't need the fax or the scanner, either, but I have already used the scanner so much that I would totally recommend it!!! And the photos are the same fantastic print quality as my Epson Stylus photo printer. I haven't used the Stylus since.
    Steph
    My blog - steph's stuff
    My DD gallery - gallery
    Let's be friends on Facebook

Camera: Canon 40D, 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, 17-50mm f/2.8
    Software: Photoshop Elements 10.0

I love all things HP. Love the quality. I'm big on using the manufacture ink & paper with whatever machine you buy, so I love that I can get the ink & paper at many different stores (not so with epson or canon). Try this link to compare hp wireless printers.
    HP Wireless Printer & All-in-One comparison charts

Steph, can you make black-only draft prints? That is a big point with me as there are a lot of emails or web pages I print and don't care if there is any color. That killed me with the Canon and Epsons I had because they didn't have this option and the color ink replacements racked up. I don't want two printers but I'd sure like a wireless - sometime.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Our wireless is an HP, and I print draft no-color prints pretty often.
    Laura in CT

My Gear: Canon 40D; 15-85mm, 55-250mm, & 50mm f/1.8; PSE6 & Aperture 3.
    My Blog: Honeypot Rambles
    My DD Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by maureenreynolds View Post
    Steph, can you make black-only draft prints? That is a big point with me as there are a lot of emails or web pages I print and don't care if there is any color. That killed me with the Canon and Epsons I had because they didn't have this option and the color ink replacements racked up. I don't want two printers but I'd sure like a wireless - sometime.
    I haven't tried it yet but when I go to printer properties, it does have a black/text only setting and there's also a separate draft setting.

My Epson Stylus has the same settings, I'm pretty sure.
    Steph
    My blog - steph's stuff
    My DD gallery - gallery
    Let's be friends on Facebook

Camera: Canon 40D, 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, 17-50mm f/2.8
    Software: Photoshop Elements 10.0