Thread: Hola from Sunny Spain

1. Hola from Sunny Spain

Hi I`m Jan
    I`ve lived in spain for 9 years, I have only just started digital scrapbooking since our grandson was born, he lives in San Francisco with his parents so my first attempt was for his first birthday last october, I made a small memory book with 12 pages, one for each month. I used photoshop and it took me three months to complete but they were so pleased with it that they have had it framed for Joey`s bedroom wall.

How exciting! Hello and welcome!! What fun to have a representative from Spain with us - correct me if I am wrong, but I can't think of anyone else?!

Can't wait to see your work in the gallery - I hope you will feel right at home! This is the friendliest and most inspirational place in the digiscrapping community.
    * Aino *

My gallery

: Nikon D800 & Nikon Df with various lenses.
    : Lightroom and PSCS6

3. Welcome to DD! I look forward to seeing your pages, too. There's nothing more fun than scrapbooking the little ones!
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

Welcome to DD, Jan -- it nice to have you with us, and I look forward to seeing your work in the gallery.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

5. Hi Jan! Welcome! I'm a grandmother who scraps, too! Great to have you here!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Hola Jan!! We love digi scrapping grandmas here! :-)

7. Welcome to this nice place! Everyone is really nice here!
    You will LOVE it here!

8. Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome, hoping to get some ideas as I`m starting a scrapbook journal next for my daughter-in-law.

Hola! another Nannie here and one who loved her trip to Spain. This is a wonderful place to learn and share.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Welcome! It's so nice to have you here!
    Terry

Terry's Tales

Gear: Nikon D60
    Software: CS4
    Platform: Mac

Welcome to DD!! Spain, what an awesome place to live
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Many welcomes to you! I was able to visit Spain in 2004 and I'm currently creating a digital album of the trip.
    Where in Spain are you?

13. We live in Mazarron which is in the Murcia region of southern spain.
    We are very lucky as it is still one of the cheapest regions to live in.

14. Forgot to ask where you spent your holiday in spain?

Welcome!! So thrilled to have you here!
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

Welcome Jan!
    My Gallery

My Blog: Feed Your Spirit

Cameras: Canon Rebel XS DSLR and Canon Power Shot SD900 Digital Elph point-n-shoot
    Software: PSE8 and Lightroom 2

Quote Originally Posted by jan31 View Post
    Forgot to ask where you spent your holiday in spain?
    We were mostly in Andalucia: Rota, Jerez, Puerto de Santa Maria, Arcos. Such beautiful places! We also visited Seville and Donana National Park in Huelva.

Welcome! You may have started with one album, but if you stick around here I'm sure it will quickly expand.
    Beckie

19. Hi Jan
    Well, I'm the second person living in Spain to belong to this forum !!
    I'm just starting to look around at this digital stuff & decided that this is a good site to shop at, thought I'd have a quick look at the forum, and then I saw your original message ! I thought it must be some sort of sign that I should join this community.
    And it's the first time I've stepped off the sidelines & actually done a post.
    Also ought to just say that I live in Andalucia, in a 'normal' spanish town inland from the Costa del Sol.
    Adios.... Liz

Hello, Liz!! Welcome to DD!

21. Hi Liz
    Lovely to hear from you, Andalucia is a lovely part of spain.
    We have actually stayed in Rota too, we thought it was a lovely place, we had a lovely tour of the Sherry producers in Jerez too. We keep thinking of going to Seville but with travelling to San Francisco every year to visit our son, daughter.in-law and grandson, staying with our eldest son in england en route, and they all visit quite a few times a year we just seem to run out of time.

22. Thanks for the welcome Scrapbird.
    Jan, you're certainly quite a traveller ! I don't get to go very far but even so, there never seems to be enough time to do all the interesting things, like crafting.

Welcome Liz & Jan, Glad to have you. Can't wait to see your pages. You'll love it here.

Welcome to DD... both Jan and Liz! And, both of you in Spain! I've never been to Spain (on my 'wish list'), but I have family ties in Grenada and have seen some GORGEOUS photos!
    Debi

My DD Gallery: From the Beehive
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop Elements 10
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

Welcome, Jan.
    Barbara

Cameras - Panasonic G2 M4/3 with 14-42 and 45-200 kit lenses, 20mm 1.7, 100-300 zoom and using all my old legacy 35mm lenses - Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 (P&S), a great little camera

Computer Stuff - Dell PC with Windows7 and dual 24" monitors, Adobe Elements10, Wacom Intuos4 tablet and my new Dell XPS 17 laptop.

Welcome, Jan!!
    I would immediately change my winter with your sunny weather

27. hi Debi
    I hope you get the chance to go to Granada one day as it is a really lovely city, and the Alhambre palace is so amazing.

Hello! Wow, your family is a bit spread out!
    Camera: Canon powershot A530
    Software: Adobe photoshop 7.0

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it keeps the world together.

howdy! and welcome
    Debbie

30. I spent some time in Spain a lovely place,1hr from Malaga Airport
    to Competa, my sister lives there