Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good news re Bekah...so so welcome

Here's an update on the GOOD weekend and some of Sharlah's reflections on ...then and now. (Does this theme sound familiar to a lot of us???)
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    +96 (post transplant)

We made it through the weekend! Whoohoo! Bekah did great. She was in a good mood. We went to the Phoenix zoo and I asked Kate not to bring her extra stroller. We really wanted Bekah to walk. So we went slowly through just one loop and took many breaks. It was soooo crowded! I almost said forget it...too many germs, but the kids were so excited. She wore her mask until we weren't by so many people.

The PF Chang marathon was today. I couldn't help but reflect on my feelings as we passed it because I ran the full last year and the half the year before. I only have one friend that I know of that did it today. (I hope she rocked it!) Was I sad that our lives had changed so much? I don't think it bothered me too much that I wasn't with the runners when I saw them. I would much rather be going to the Zoo with Bekah after everything that she has been through. That's not to say I won't be back to running again, but my priorities have changed so much this last year. I feel we have been blessed as we have gone through this. Don't get me wrong, there have been so many times when I have been in despair, crying, and not understanding, but knowing that I have changed for the better through this and have a desire to serve our Lord is a good feeling.

Luke 9:23 says that "If anyone wants to to be a follower of mine, let him renounce himself and take up his cross everyday and follow me. Anyone who wants to save his life will lose it, but anyone who who loses his life for my sake, will save it." I feel very strongly that this experience has been and continues to be our cross to bear. We lost a little of our old lives, but made the choice to follow Christ through this - regardless of the outcome. Houses, schools, clothes and just things are all very nice, but are they important? None of these things are really that important to us in the big picture of life. These are the lessons that Rich and I have learned and even more so, so has Bekah.

So I will stop ranting... just wanted to share some thoughts that I have had.
    Lots of love~Sharlah
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/Mavericks
    PSE11/LR5

Hi Maureen that wonderful news! I hope that she is gonna be all better.

Such good news for your family....many blessings for you and your family.
    Pam

My Stuff: Nikon D80, Nikkor 50 mm 1.4, Nikkor 18 - 135mm, Nikkor 80 - 200mm, Speedlight SB-600 and my Epiphanie Lola Camera Bag!
    Software: Dell Studio XPS, PSE 11 and Bamboo Fun

I'm grinning from ear to ear! Fantastic news for your family and Bekah!

5. Sharing in your happiness for Bekah!! Praise God for all the little miracles....

How wonderful for you and your family! My prayers go out to and may God bless you!!

Cool! She's a fighter

Well, this is good news!!! My prayers will continue for Bekah and family, so glad they were able to spend the weekend a fun activity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12