Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on Son in Haiti

Update on Son in Haiti

Many times we view the news of the world with interest and empathy, but it is only until we have some involvement in a tragedy do we really get an inkling of what the circumstances must be like at the apex of the event. Our son is still in Haiti, still safe but the chance of him getting home soon seems to be lessening with each day. Fuel is limited, banks are closed and information is sparse and changes with the hour. The second airport at Cap Haitian suspended service today for US carriers. The US carriers are hoping they might be able to land there tomorrow. I'm sure he'll find a way home, but it has been frustrating for our DIL. I keep thinking about Christina and the horrible loss that she must see around her everywhere. I know all of you will join me with thoughts and prayers for her and her crying nation.
    My Gallery

My Gear: Canon 50D, Canon EF 50mm 1.4, Canon EF 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 IS, Tamron 28-300mm IF
    My Software: PSE 7, Noiseware Professional, Lightroom 1.4

Thoughts and prayers to your family and all those who are providing help and all those in need. Hope they are somehow able to keep contact with you to lessen your worry just a bit.

Oh, Deanie, you bet I will! I'm so glad he's safe, but your sadness and fear come through in your post, and my heart goes out to you, too.

Of course we will. And, we wish your son a speedy trip home.
    ~Kelly

Thanks for the update Deanie... I have been praying for all of you... and Haiti...

I will keep your son and everyone in Haiti and those there to help in my prayers...it's just beyond my imagine what it must be like there. It's more than sad.
    Vicki
    Peace..Love..Art

My Gallery

I hope he gets home safely and soon Deanie! Will keep him in our thoughts. Christina has been keeping the team up to date and is staying safe! Such a tragedy.
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Thank you for the update. As I was reading accounts of this tragedy online this morning, I was wondering if your son was able to find a way home yet. You will all be in my thoughts.

9. Deanie..my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family and your son. Please keep us updated.

10. Oh Deanie - I'm so glad you son is safe. Those in Haiti are never far from my thoughts these days.
    -Paula

Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XT
    Software: Adobe PSCS2, PSE 5.0
    my gallery

live.scrap.repeat

11. So glad your son is safe and hopefully he'll get home soon! I'm continuously praying this nation.
    Brittany
    My Blog

Oh Deanie, I'm thinking good thoughts that he will be safe and get home soon.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

13. Deanie, I am in Cap-Haitien too ! I came here yesterday from Port-au-Prince. I have lots of contacts and information, he can contact me if he needs anything :37-16-19-99 (that is my cell phone number, not sure if it works all the time) or contact me through you.

Christina, I just got chills reading your post. The way you reached out to Deanie and her son just confirms what I already knew. You are such a wonderful, giving person. I'm praying for you and your country.

Deanie, I'm praying that your son will be able to get home soon.
    Angie

My Gallery at DD
    My Blog

My Gear: Nikon D800 and D700, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 105mm, 70-300mm, 70-200mm 2.8
    Software: Adobe PSCS5, Adobe Lightroom 4

Oh, Deanie... I'm so glad to hear your son is safe and I hope he will be able to come home soon.

And, Christina... you know you are always in my thoughts and prayers. How thoughtful and kind of you to offer assistance. Tu es si gentille...
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

This is such a worrisome situation for you Deanie, even though you know our son is safe, it's still a hardship for him and his wife. I do hope he'll be able to get home very soon. Christina, what a good thing you do to offer assistance. My prayers are with Haiti, there's so much heartbreak there right now.

Christina, what a sweet thing to do to offer help! Wes is fine, just frustrated. He is in the western part of the island about 15k from Port de Paix. Because Tortug air is not flying until American starts flying into Cap Haitan again he is sort of stuck. Apparently the lack of gasoline is a problem so driving is not possible. Hopefully Tortug will fly again on Tuesday or Wednesday. He is with a church group and they are in touch with the state department ...I am so glad you have made your way to safety. Many, many prayers are coming your way.
    My Gallery

My Gear: Canon 50D, Canon EF 50mm 1.4, Canon EF 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 IS, Tamron 28-300mm IF
    My Software: PSE 7, Noiseware Professional, Lightroom 1.4

This is such a tragedy. I am happy to hear that your son and his wife are safe - it must be hard to know he is there.
    * Aino *

My gallery

: Nikon D4S & Nikon Df with various lenses.
    : Lightroom and PSCS6

I'm so glad your son is safe and wishing him a speedy return to the states and his family.

Susie
    MY GEAR: Sony Cybershot; Olympus E-500 DigitalSLR
    MY SOFTWARE: Lightroom 2; PSE7; Photoshop CS2; Wacom Intuos 3 Graphics Tablet; Painter 8.

20. Traveling mercies for your boy. We can only imagine what it must be like.

21. Deanie . . . I am so glad that you are able to hear from Wes and that you know that he is o.k. I want you to know that Wes and your family are in my prayers along with those that are constantly flying upwards for Christina.

I am touched that Christina is offering a helping hand to him . . . she is being such a strong person throughout all of this.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

22. My heart goes out to you, Deanie. I'm glad you know your son is safe and I will keep praying for his safe return home.

Christina is such a sweetie. I'm praying for continued safety for your family, dear one!
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

Deanie, my thoughts and prayers are with your son as well as Christina and her family and friends.
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Such a tragedy, i will keep wes in my thoughts & hope for a safe return home soon.

Deanie, I'm so glad your son is safe and hope he will soon be able to find a way home.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

26. Praying for safe return!
    ~Karen~

My gear: imac, CS5, Nikon D90, 35mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8.

27. what it must be like experiencing this first hand. hard to imagine. prayers for all.
    Whatnext

my gallery

Deanie, your family and son are in my thought. I hope he has a speedy and safe return home.
    Mary Ann

Projects and Photographs

My tools: Nikon D7000 and entirely too many lenses; LightRoom; PSE; NIK; Photomatix

29. Deanie, so glad to hear Wes is okay. Keeping his group in our prayers.

Christina, you amaze me girl! What a sweetheart you are. This tragedy has been heavy on our hearts and we continue to lift up those affected in our prayers.
    Sara

My DD Gallery: sarahorton
    My Blog

30. So glad to hear that your son is OK...that must be such a relief to you. I will continue to pray for those affected by this terrible tragedy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast