Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking the plunge

1. Taking the plunge

After being a staunch non-digi scrapper forEVER, I finally took the plunge last fall and am LOVING digi! I have so much to learn, but my good friend Paula G. has taken me under her wing.

So glad to be here, and I hope to get to know you all better!
    Lain Ehmann
    Life doesn't have to be perfect to be good.
    Visit my blog: Five Things

Welcome Lain! You will love it, and love it here- this place rocks!!!
    denise

Sony A100 DSLR 18-70mm / 1:4xmacro 100-300mm / 50mm 1.7 and 18-200mm lens
    Pentax W90 "indestructible" p&s
    PSE 6.0

I paper scrapped for 10 years before I discovered digi... I swore I would do both. After my paper supplies began to collect dust I sold all of my supplies in a garage sale. It has been over two years now and I haven't looked back. I was an avid paper scrapper so I completely understand where you are coming from!

Welcome! Can't wait to see some pages!

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

welcome!! I NEVER thought i would be a digi scrapper, yet here i am 5 months in and loving it!!
    Heather

5. Hey Lain! You found us! Welcome So good to see you here!
    -Paula

Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XT
    Software: Adobe PSCS2, PSE 5.0
    my gallery

live.scrap.repeat

6. Welcome Lain!! So glad you took the plunge... it's so much fun!
    Brittany
    My Blog

I love all the convenient features of digital. I like resizing, moving things around, changing colors, erasing a layer, adding a layer, all without messing up my layout. I'm glad you are enjoying it, too!

I was a paper scrapper for 8 years and then decided to try digital. Couple hundred layouts later, I'm still loving digital!

Welcome to DD!
    Denise Gormish
    Mom of Jackie (18) Jenny (15) and my English Cocker Spaniel 3-year-old Radiance Grand Prix RL1 AKC TD ASCA TD, i.e. Cody

My English Cocker Spaniels in my heart forever:
    Auld Sod Red Magic Merlin CGC CD OA OAJ OAC NJC (Merlin)
    Elan's Surprise Surprise CGC NA NAJ (Arthur)

9. Welcome to DD! I have a feeling we're going to love your pages when you post them, Lain! You're in good hands with Paula!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Lain!!!! Come on in . . . . (I'm trying not to use my spider-to-the-fly voice).
    Debbie

Welcome, Lain!!!! I still paper scrap some but digi is my love!
    Steph
    My blog - steph's stuff
    My DD gallery - gallery
    Let's be friends on Facebook

Camera: Canon 40D, 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, 17-50mm f/2.8
    Software: Photoshop Elements 10.0

Welcome! Digi is ADDICTIVE!! Glad to have you join us!
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

Welcome to DD, Lain... soooooo happy you've taken the digi plunge! And, as a die-hard paper scrapper for YEARS, I simply love, love, love the "dark side"! Even staring at my gorgeous stash of Bazzill and, occasionally, dipping into it, I have to say that digi really *is* better! LOL
    Debi

My DD Gallery: From the Beehive
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop Elements 10
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

Welcome! I was a paper scrapper for 6 years and swore I would never go digital. Never say never. I tried my first digi layout last Feb and never looked back. I actually just donated all my paper supplies in the fall.

15. HI Lain! Nice to see you here. I am new to digi, too. This is my first post.

16. Great to have you here!

Welcome Lain!! I didn't paper scrap for long before I discovered digi. BUT, I have never looked back and got rid of all the paper stuff. So glad you found us.

Actually--it was Paula who got me into digi. I took a class with her thinking I would learn to "fix" photos--was I wrong. It's her fault I'm addicted!!
    Terry

Terry's Tales

Gear: Nikon D60
    Software: CS4
    Platform: Mac

Welcome to DD Lain! Glad to have you here & can't wait to see what you do with all the great DD goodies. We are always here if you need a question answered.

Welcome - This place is so wonderful. It's a great place to hang out. There is always something going on, and the inspiration and support is the best!
    Lisa

My Gear: Nikon D3100, 18-55mm and 55-300MM, Kodak Easy Share Z812IS
    My Software: Photoshop CS4

Lain & lhenkin,
    Hello. Glad you are both here and learning. I am a paper scrapper always leaning to the hybrid. I actually learned digi to take my paper pages further. Now I tend to either do a all digi page or all paper page, funny but true. But I love being able to add so much to my page and NOT have the bulk. Those albums get thick quick, but I love both equally. Can't wait to see your layouts.

Hey there, Lain, welcome to DD! You'll learn fast, this is a great place to be.
    Sarah
    Equipment: Canon T2i (550D) with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, 55-250mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, and 400mm f/5.6L lenses
    Software: Windows 8, PSE 10 (Editor), PSE 6 (Organizer), and PSCS 4

Welcome to DD, Lain! I was a paper scrapper for 11 years before going totally digital about a year and a half ago. Trust me, it's wonderful. Can't wait to see your pages in the gallery.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

Welcome!! Feel like an old friend (used to LOVE listening to your podcast!) You will find not only digi scrapping addicting--but this site as well. ;-)
    Kathie R.

My Favorite Toys:
    Nikon D70s, MacBookPro, CS3, Wacom Tablet,
    iPod (to show off my pics and digi stuff!) and my car.

Welcome Lain! You will forget your first love in no time Paper? Punches? What?
    My Gallery

My Blog: Feed Your Spirit

Cameras: Canon Rebel XS DSLR and Canon Power Shot SD900 Digital Elph point-n-shoot
    Software: PSE8 and Lightroom 2

Hey my chia friend

Hahaha, I used to swear I'd never be interested in digital (after paper scrapping for 7 years) and here I am completely addicted, lol. So glad to hear you're enjoying it. And lucky you to have someone like Paula take you under her wing.

Welcome to DD!
    started paper scrapping: Oct '01
    started digi scrapping: Feb '09

my blog, resume, etc: Muse Flash
    my GALLERY HERE AT DESIGNER DIGITALS

27. Hi Lain! Welcome to DD . . . I know that you will enjoy it here. Paula is a good ambassador . . . and any friend of Paula's is a friend of ours.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

Hello and welcome! I'm a recent convert to digi too after paper scrapping for eight years - I never thought I'd switch!
    Jane

welcome - it is definitely rather addictive and ohhhh so rewarding - looking forward to seeing your work....Paula is a wonderful guide I am sure

Welcome to DD, Lain!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast