Thread: Hello from Upstate New York

Talking Hello from Upstate New York

Hi y'all! I've been doing digital scrapping for about a year, but I'm always looking for ways to improve my techniques. I live in beautiful Upstate New York, near Albany in the cradle between the Catskills, Adirondack and Green mountains and am originally from Wisconsin.

I bought a digital SLR (Canon EOS Rebel xsi) last year and am loving it! I also have a little Panasonic Lumix that is my constant companion. My software is Adobe Photoshop PSE 6 and I work on a Mac.

I don't have any kids, but I have 2 adorable boys who keep me company - my kitties Napoleon and Pharaoh. They are not the most willing of models, but they show up often in my photos and pages!

I also scrap traditionally, but lately I've been doing more photo books, so am eager to learn more.

Welcome to DD! You are going to love it here! I just started in October and it is, without a doubt, the most wonderful group of people. All so encouraging and willing to help.
    We do not remember days; we remember MOMENTS

My Gear:
    Nikon D50, Nikon D200, SB600, SB800,
    Nikkor F1.4 50mm, various zoom lenses
    PSE 8.0 for Mac and a wonderful 21.5 IMAC
    Wacom Intuos 4

Welcome. You have found the most welcoming, helpful place on the web!

4. Hello and welcome! Thanks for introducing yourself! Enjoy exploring all the DD site has to offer and be sure to ask questions. It's a very eager to help community here!

I wonder if it is as snowy and cold in upstate NY as it is here in Minnesota?
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Welcome to DD! You will love it here!

Glad to meet you, and I love your avatar! Can't wait to see your pages in the gallery.

(My daughter-in-law's parents live near Rochester.)
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome. I did tour your beautiful part of the world many years ago. I love how this place has so many kits that are designed for printing as books, in all sorts of styles. And the gallery is always so full of great inspiration.
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Welcome to DD, I sure hope you'll like it around here as much as we do! I live not too far from you in PA. Hope to see your around in the gallery soon (I have a few cats myself)
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Hi!!

I used to live in the Catskills, twice. In 6th grade, moved, came back near the end of 7th and move out of state again near the end of 8th. Lived in Windham and Cornwallville (just down the road from Point Lookout).
    Camera: Canon powershot A530
    Software: Adobe photoshop 7.0

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it keeps the world together.

Welcome to DD!

11. Welcome to Designer Digitals! Glad you have decided to join us!! Jump right in and have a blast. This is a great bunch!

Welcome to DD! Glad you've joined us!
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

So happy to have you here!! Thanks for the intro!
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

Welcome to DD!!! I drive through upstate NY every summer on my way to the East Coast and it is beautiful! Glad you're here.
    Steph
    My blog - steph's stuff
    My DD gallery - gallery
    Let's be friends on Facebook

Camera: Canon 40D, 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, 17-50mm f/2.8
    Software: Photoshop Elements 10.0

Welcome to DD! Can't wait to meet those kiddos & kittys through your pages.

Welcome!! Beautiful location that you are coming to us from! I visitied one of my suppliers in that area once. Stayed at a beautiful old Inn in Saratoga Springs. It is one of the few places I could easily transplant too.
    Lisa

My Gear: Nikon D3100, 18-55mm and 55-300MM, Kodak Easy Share Z812IS
    My Software: Photoshop CS4

Welcome to DD! Be sure to ask if you have any questions. We love to help.
    started paper scrapping: Oct '01
    started digi scrapping: Feb '09

my blog, resume, etc: Muse Flash
    my GALLERY HERE AT DESIGNER DIGITALS

Welcome! This is a wonderful place for information and inspiration. Look forward to your pages in the gallery.

Hi there JudoPluto! Welcome to DD! We love layouts about our furry friends... can't wait to meet yours!
    My Gallery

My Blog: Feed Your Spirit

Cameras: Canon Rebel XS DSLR and Canon Power Shot SD900 Digital Elph point-n-shoot
    Software: PSE8 and Lightroom 2

Welcome to DD!

22. Love your cats' names! I went to grad school in Syracuse, so I have a soft spot for upstate NY!
    Welcome!
    Lain Ehmann
    Life doesn't have to be perfect to be good.
    Visit my blog: Five Things

23. Welcome to DD!!! I am originally from Wisconsin as well. So glad you found us and I look forward to getting to know you!!
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast

Welcome to DD.
    Barbara

Cameras - Panasonic G2 M4/3 with 14-42 and 45-200 kit lenses, 20mm 1.7, 100-300 zoom and using all my old legacy 35mm lenses - Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 (P&S), a great little camera

Computer Stuff - Dell PC with Windows7 and dual 24" monitors, Adobe Elements10, Wacom Intuos4 tablet and my new Dell XPS 17 laptop.