Thread: howdy, howdy, howdy!

howdy, howdy, howdy!

I jumped right in first on the digital board. LOL

Um... I'm a chronological paper scrapper who's way behind. I like crafts and have dabbled in different things. This spring I decided to try spinning yarn. LOL On a drop spindle - not as easy as it looks. LOL Also decided to take up needle felting, like I needed another hobby. Except I actually haven't made anything yet and I bought the supplies in May at a Sheep and Wool festival. But I will, I will!!

I've got a boy and girl 4 years apart. My ds, the older, has high functioning autism, whom I started homeschooling after 5th grade. Good thing ds is smart because we just aren't compatible for homeschooling. LOL Yes, I give homeschoolers a bad name. But really, he's very smart. He took the NWEA test this past August and his score was above the 99th percentile in math. He's very into video games and computers and when he talks about that stuff it's all Greek to me. LOL

Hmmmm... anything else?
    Camera: Canon powershot A530
    Software: Adobe photoshop 7.0

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it keeps the world together.

Welcome... glad to have you with us =)

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

So happy to have you here at DD!!
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

Welcome!!
    Terry

Terry's Tales

Gear: Nikon D60
    Software: CS4
    Platform: Mac

Welcome to DD -- glad you've joined us.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Thanks!

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it keeps the world together.

Welcome to Designer Digitals

Welcome, you are going to live digital scrapping. Using templates will help you catch up so quickly.
    Lisa

My Gear: Nikon D3100, 18-55mm and 55-300MM, Kodak Easy Share Z812IS
    My Software: Photoshop CS4

No.... I'll still be paper scrapping my albums. LOL Besides, I have a lot of supplies for it. Though not as much as a lot of scraprooms I've seen. Also, I've got boxes of printed photos (from film) and I scrap all my pics.

I'm thinking of digi more for a special album (like favorite photos - I'll have to scan in a lot of them) or gifts. Something like that. And for printing some elements sometimes for my paper LO's. And cards.

Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to DD! Been reading some of your threads that you posted and it seems like you are going to have a blast. Everyone here is great in helping and teaching with anything. Im sure you have notice that already
    Randy and Katie are the best too!!! Welcome!

Hey there! Welcome to DD!
    Angie

My Gallery at DD
    My Blog

My Gear: Nikon D800 and D700, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 105mm, 70-300mm, 70-200mm 2.8
    Software: Adobe PSCS5, Adobe Lightroom 4

Thanks!

Yes, Cheryl, definitely helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by kaleidoscope View Post
    No.... I'll still be paper scrapping my albums.
    You say that now, but soon you'll be seduced by the Dark Side.

Welcome to DD! Looking forward to seeing more of your work in the gallery.
    Shirley
    "I never met a mouse I didn't like."
    (with apologies to Will Rogers)
    My Gallery

photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

LOL Well, it won't happen with my prints. No way I am scanning all those in. Besides, then I'd still have the prints sitting around. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
    You say that now, but soon you'll be seduced by the Dark Side.

Welcome to DD! Looking forward to seeing more of your work in the gallery.
    You'll see...
    My Gallery

My Blog: Feed Your Spirit

Cameras: Canon Rebel XS DSLR and Canon Power Shot SD900 Digital Elph point-n-shoot
    Software: PSE8 and Lightroom 2

Welcome!
    Sindee

Canon 1D MkIV
    24-105 f/4L; 70-200 f/2.8L IS II; 100 Macro f/2.8; 85 f/1.8
    27" iMac

So good to have you around, sorry I only now found this thread, I know you have been around for a time already
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Thanks Anke!

19. I'm a serial crafter, too! I like knitting and sewing and cooking... but scrapping is always first on my list.
    Welcome! I'm new here, too, so we can learn the ropes together!
    Lain Ehmann
    Life doesn't have to be perfect to be good.
    Visit my blog: Five Things

20. I have seen you on the boards too, and am just seeing you here. Welcome . . . I know that you have already found your comfort zone with this group. It is fun having you here, you ask good questions!!!!!
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

21. So happy you have found us!!! Welcome
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast

Ooh, chronological scrapper. Me too, me too!!! There aren't many of us here. Gotta stick together.

Did you have success with the yarn? This is such a non-sequitur, but my sister had a beautiful chow-chow dog named Meska. Every time she brushed the dog, she saved the gorgeous orange fur. As the dog got older, her fur turned gold with white shot through. After the dog died, my sister found a woman in Virginia who cleans and spins animal fur into yarn and then will knit whatever you want with it. My sister had Meska's fur spun and made into a scarf and a beautiful hat. I've never met anyone who knew how to do that before!

Ha! The reason I don't homeschool my daughter is because we'd do each other bodily harm before the day was out. I'm grateful every day for our awesome classical school here in town. I dodged that bullet!

It won't be long before you're totally digital. Though if you are tactile, you may never leave the world of hybrid . . . but digital would free you up for all the other hobbies!
    Sarah
    Equipment: Canon T2i (550D) with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, 55-250mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, and 400mm f/5.6L lenses
    Software: Windows 8, PSE 10 (Editor), PSE 6 (Organizer), and PSCS 4

Welcome to DD.
    Barbara

Cameras - Panasonic G2 M4/3 with 14-42 and 45-200 kit lenses, 20mm 1.7, 100-300 zoom and using all my old legacy 35mm lenses - Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 (P&S), a great little camera

Computer Stuff - Dell PC with Windows7 and dual 24" monitors, Adobe Elements10, Wacom Intuos4 tablet and my new Dell XPS 17 laptop.

I quickly switched to digital 7 years ago because I could get more done so much faster. Welcome to DD!

Sarah - I've heard about that. Using pets and even your own hair to make yarn. Some people would think that's weird but how is it any weirder than using some other animal's hair/fur? Not that I intend to do it. LOL

We don't have a problem with wanting to kill each other - he'll sit off on his own on the computer all day. LOL He downloads podcasts all the time! He's very into computers and video games and when he starts talking about some of that stuff, it's all greek to me! He just has never liked school and no interests (besides the aforementioned) that we could get into and discover together, kwim? So that makes it harder. Gotta have something to spark! A big part of taking him out of school was because of his autism making him different, we didn't want to send him into the lion's den. Hard enough on some kids who are 'normal'.

Doubt I could go totally digital. For one thing, I don't even have my own computer. I hardly even got to use it yesterday. There's the look of the assembled pages vs printing them out, too. And then there's adding memorabilia, which to me, would be odd to have the real thing on a printed page - and I believe in using the real thing, not scanning it in if I can. LOL On my dd's pages, I like to use bits of fabric from clothing I've made her if I have it. Or I did one page where I cut out part of a dress (boughten) that was one of my favorites when she was a baby and attached it to the page. I think hybrid I'd mostly like to make and use elements like journaling boxes and some small printed papers to embellish with.

Thanks everyone! Mollie, thank you, I'll see if I can come up with any more. LOL I wanted to share a set of Christmas backgrounds I made (which is the one thing I thought wasn't so hard. LOL) but apparently that's not allowed. Bummer. I don't think I'll make backgrounds very much, but it was all kind of exciting so I wanted to try it. I would if I thought I'd be making pages to sell, but I don't think that's going to happen. And even for cardmaking - it sucks up ink that's not very cheap to print them. But I would like to do some nice journaling boxes. I should do that with the stamps and ink I have. So many ideas.... so little motivation. LOL