Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Macro lens advice?

1. So cool...I was going to pm you about this. I loved the UPS truck photo that you posted! I'd love to see the pics.
    Did you like the close up lens? Is it light/heavy? What are you going to do? (I'm very easily swayed!!)

Just curious if the original poster ended up with the Canon or the Tamaron? And if so, how do you like whichever one you got?

Also, does anyone out there have the macro Canon 100mm f/2.8 with IS? I'm trying to decide if it is worth the extra money.

I have the Canon 100mm f/2.8L macro IS ... haven't used it much, but when I do I love it ... note to self, use more! And yes, I think the IS is worth it in this case.
    2011-01-07 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Carol

my gallery

my flickr

Gear: Canon 5D Mark III, 50 mm f/1.2L, 24-70 mm f/2.8L, 70-200 mm f/2.8L IS, 100mm f/2.8L macro IS
    Software: Lightroom / CS5

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecielos View Post
    Just curious if the original poster ended up with the Canon or the Tamaron? And if so, how do you like whichever one you got?

Also, does anyone out there have the macro Canon 100mm f/2.8 with IS? I'm trying to decide if it is worth the extra money.
    I have the 100mm 2.8 Canon without the IS and I wish I had it. I have to use a tripod to get a sharp shot. But, then again I am pretty shaky.

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

Thank you Carol and Jen for the replies! And Carol I LOVE your ice crystal picture - it is stunning!

I guess I will continue to save a little longer so I can buy the 100mm with IS. I just hope I can save up enough before spring so I can capture my garden!

Thanks again!

I have the Canon 60mm macro ... very sharp. I also use it as an every day lens ... it is on my camera right now. I too wish for the 100mm IS just so I don't have to get so close to my desired subject ... one day.
    Gail

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12