Thread: SS Digtal Scrapbooking 5 call for pages!!! :)

1. SS Digtal Scrapbooking 5 call for pages!!! :)

I just saw it on Simple Scrapbooks website, the call for Digital Scrapbooking 5 pages!! Here's the link.

Deadline is December 11...

~Jackie

*** had to edit a spelling error...oops....I was so excited, I misspelled Digital in the title too...ooooooops!
    Last edited by jackie; 12-02-2005 at 01:10 PM.

KellieMize Guest
    Yeehaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never submitted before and I have a question.. how do you resize to 3x5? Won't that distort the LO?

4. Hey Candy,

I wondered about that too - maybe they can be 5x5 for squares...anyone know??

~~Jackie

5. Candy, you create mostly 8.5x11, right? Hmmm, I hope someone knows...

the size thing is weird... and that is a REALLY tight deadline--yikes!!! gotta get crankin!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

ack - I had the same question about the sizing thing - what's that all about?!
    Thanks for the heads up on this

NWIslandmom at 2 peas posted this (she emailed them):
    "I just got an email back (which I did not expect until Monday...awesome that I got it tonight!) and here is what she said:
    "Sorry its a bit unclear. We just need an image that is not large so that we can see it on the screen when we open the emails." She also says that too big of an image will crash the system."

Hope that helps!

They've ammended the original call... pushing the deadline back a week and clarifying the size thing:

Digital Scrapbooking 5

Deadline: 12/18/2005

Calling all pixel-masters! We're looking for your greatest, freshest digital creations, whether created entirely with your computer or with a mix of digital and traditional supplies. We'd especially like to see completed, creative projects: from bound albums to multimedia extravaganzas. And if you've been inspired by a particular source—a layout in Simple Scrapbooks, a pillow bought at a discount store, a fast-moving music video—we'd like to know that too. Please include a description of any cool or step-saving techniques you've used, as well as a complete supply list. Submissions without a supply list cannot be considered. Submissions are due December 18.

Scan as jpegs (72 dpi at no more than 100 KB, sized at 5 x 5), attach, and submit along with the following:
    # contact information – name, complete mailing address, email address and phone number
    # application(s) used
    # kit or element used, designer name and website where available
    # all fonts used
    # any non-digital elements used
    # description of techniques used
    # album size and manufacturer if appropriate
    # complete materials list (SUBMISSIONS WITHOUT COMPLETE CONTACT INFO AND MATERIALS LISTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!)

Submit work here

thanks for posting the clarification Kim!
    start submitting ladies--can't wait to see all of your fabulous work in there!!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

11. yeah, another week! thats great. i so want to submit and this makes it a bit easier!