Thread: Simply Inspired Challenge - Snag a $10 gift certificate to DD

1. Simply Inspired Challenge - Snag a $10 gift certificate to DD

Challenge: Use Hand-Drawn Elements!
    Deadline: February 24, 2009

Hand-drawn elements and doodles are a unique way to put a signature thumbprint on your artwork. They not only convey great personality but also lend a sense of originality to any page. This week we want to encourage you to let your inner artist emerge and create a layout using hand-drawn elements. Experiment with a pen tablet, or simply draw your element or text on paper and scan it into your computer.

Be sure to post your layout(s) on or before February 24 to the Simply Inspired gallery. One lucky winner will snag a $10 gift certificate to the Designer Digitals shop!

We can't wait to see your simply inspired layouts!
    Deena
    Contributing Editor
    Creating Keepsakes Magazine
    Think About Such Things

Cool, i will give it a try again.

3. Great, Cheryl! Looking forward to it! I love what you did with the last challenge!
    Deena
    Contributing Editor
    Think About Such Things

Wow! This sounds like fun. I am so going to give it a go!
    Michele
    Captures
    Sunlight Sketches: A 365 Project

My Gear: Nikon D60 w/ 18-55 VR lens & 55-200 VR lens
    My Software: Photoshop CS4, Lightroom,

5. Anyone have helpful hints on how to scan something hand drawn? What type pen? etc?
    Thanks!
    ~Karen~

My gear: imac, CS5, Nikon D90, 35mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8.

6. I was just curious when the winners for these challenges gets announced... will it be in the next newsletter, or on the DSM blog, or on here? Thanks!
    Brittany
    My Blog

7. Karen, I've had really good luck using a fine tip Sharpie marker on plain white paper. When you scan it into your computer, just make sure you set your scanner on "photo" and adjust the scan settings to the highest pixel quality. That's all I've done in the past and it has worked very well.

Brittany, the winners are announced in the DSM newsletter and on the website. We've extended the challenge deadlines so starting with the next issue there will be a winner announced each time.

Thanks girls! Looking forward to seeing your pages!
    Deena
    Contributing Editor
    Think About Such Things

Awesome, a new project to learn, we will see what we can come up with. Thanks, Jodi

Deena, I know you posted how to subscribe to DSM online at one time, but could you tell me again? I thought I emailed CK correctly, but I've never gotten a newsletter. Thanks!
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

10. Thanks Deena! I've been wanting to try it.

11. Yay! I'm excited to try this again too! Post yours first so it will get MY creative juices flowing!

Linda, to sign up for your free subscription, send an email to webmaster@ckmedia.com and write “subscribe me to Digital Scrapbooking’s e-newsletter” in the subject line. That should do it!
    Deena
    Contributing Editor
    Think About Such Things

Thanks, Deena! Just sent the email.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

13. Post yours first so it will get MY creative juices flowing!
    I was hoping to see yours!

Does everything have to be hand drawn or just some things...or even just one or two things?
    Vicki
    Peace..Love..Art

My Gallery

15. Vicki, as long as you have ONE self hand-drawn element or doodle on your page YOU ARE GOOD!
    Deena
    Contributing Editor
    Think About Such Things

Post mine! It was so much fun!
    Vicki
    Peace..Love..Art

My Gallery

yikes! What about us people that do digital because we have no artistic ability? This is really a challenge!

18. LOL! For me too! I took the easy way out and posted something my daughter drew. lol.

Seriously, can you draw a simple flower? A heart? A star? I KNOW you can do that! It's all about getting out of our comfort zone and stretching our creative muscles.
    Deena
    Contributing Editor
    Think About Such Things

Can you post more than one layout or replace one you've already posted? I've been reworking mine adding more of my scribbles. This is really fun! Vicki
    Vicki
    Peace..Love..Art

My Gallery

20. Congratulations to Francine Meston!

Her layout, Best Friends, was selected as the winner of this Simply Inspired Challenge. Way to go, Francine!

Francine received a $10 gift certificate to the Designer Digitals store! Yay!
    Deena
    Contributing Editor
    Think About Such Things

That chandalier is darling. Congrats!!
    started paper scrapping: Oct '01
    started digi scrapping: Feb '09

my blog, resume, etc: Muse Flash
    my GALLERY HERE AT DESIGNER DIGITALS

22. Thank you Deena, just saw this thread now! I enjoyed shopping with my certificate
    Francine

My Gallery

Software: Adobe Photoshop CS5
    Gear: Nikon D50 w/28-80 mm, 70-300 Tamron lenses
    Lightroom 3