To make it easy to find the digital cutting files you’ve purchased, you can add them to your Silhouette software library. Here’s how:
1. Download and unzip your purchases. (You'll get an error message if you forget to unzip them before opening them in the software.)
2. Open the Silhouette software. Click “Show Library” from the menu on the left side.
3. Next, create a new folder to organize your download. Right click on “My Library” then click “New Folder.”
This creates a folder titled “Untitled Folder.” The folder name is highlighted, so type your own folder name and press Enter on your keyboard. You may wish to use designer’s names, themes, or project type for your folder titles.
4. To add your purchased item to the folder, choose File > Import to My Library and use the “Look in” box to select the location of your file. Change the “Files of type” to the file format you are searching for (png or svg.) Select the file you want to import and click OK.
This opens a box where you can add keywords, a description, the designer’s name and file type. Entering a few keywords will help you find the file in a search. When you are satisfied with your descriptions, click OK.
5. The image you just named will be on the right. Click and drag the image, dropping it into your new folder.
Notes about organizing the files:
The folders will appear in alphabetical order.
You can add subfolders under each of the folders by right-clicking and repeating the “New Folder” method. So you can add a folder for Designer Digitals and then add subfolders for each designer underneath, for example. If you like you can even create subfolders under each designer for the type of file or theme. The structure can be as simple or as complex as you like.
To move files from one folder to another, just click the image you want to move and drag/drop it into a different folder.
Right click any folder to rename or delete it. Be careful when deleting a high level folder, as it will delete all of the subfolders, too.