Following on from a really fun discussion in the forums at Designer Digitals recently about where we all lived in the world, it was terrific to read about all the parts our scrappers come from, almost like taking a world tour from the comfort of my computer chair. So I thought a great story scrapbook challenge this month will be about “home”.
I want you to scrap a story about your home. This can take you in so many directions:
- About the town, city, country you live in now, how wonderful to document the parts about your town that you distinctly like, love or heck, even dislike.
- Or the origins of where you used to call home, where you came from, perhaps from a land far away. Could be a great chance to tell the story about your parents too, what they called home, especially if they became immigrants and moved to the country you are now in. What a change for them.
- How about the time you moved into your first home, the humble beginnings. Or are you building your next home, it would be great to document that.
- How about when you first left your parental home and struck out on your own.
- Or not to forget the “empty nesters” who now find themselves alone at home in a big empty house, how are you coping?
Lots of stories and jumping off points for this challenge. The creative team have tackled this from a few different angles.
Sometimes home is something you dream of and where your heart feels like it belongs. I love how Sarah (sterkeurs) always felt drawn to the ocean and that’s finally where she made her home. Some places just feel right, don’t they.
Supplies used by Sarah: Curated Studio Mix No.4, Fresh Vintage Clare Collection, Blendable Layered Template No.29, Looking for Love Complete Collection, Atlantic Kit, Beachy Clusters Brushes and Stamps No. 03, December Foliage Tags Value Pack No. 01, Staycation Brushes And Stamps (Katie Pertiet). Layer Works No.421, Layer Works No.419 (Studio DD). Lyon Kit (Lynn Grieveson).
Esther (esther_a) has created a fantastic two page layout of her daughter and boyfriend setting up their first home, the before and after. I’ll post one of the pages here but be sure to check out Esther’s Gallery to see both pages up close, they’re great. These are the humble beginnings that her daughter will look back on in years to come and smile at the memory, I’m sure.
Supplies used by Esther: Home Line Stacks Brushes and Stamps, Life Adventure Layered Template Album (Ali Edwards). Life Basics Minimal No. 02 (Cathy Zielske). Home Handyman Element Set, Scrap Express No. 170 (Lynn Grieveson).
And I have created a page documenting all the things I like about my little country town, it’s grown on me! But mind you I do have plans to do an opposing page soon as to all the things that drive me nuts about it too!
Supplies used by Carol: SkiMento Paper Pack (Grunge Source). Vintage Journal Spots No. 04, Simple Classics: Traveler Kit, Vintage Photo Frames No. 34, Wood Veneer Numbers, Fresh Vintage: Clare Solids Paper Pack, Hinge Pack (Katie Pertiet). Clear-Thru Arrows No. 01 (Maplebrook Studios).
The team at DD have generously provided a freebie to help you on your way, the link is good for the entire month of March. I hope the goodies inspire you. The rule of the challenge is to tell us a story about home, whichever way the story takes you.
Post your pages in the Scrapbook Challenge Gallery and don’t forget when you use ALL DD product on your challenge page you should post a link of your page in the March Challenge Participation thread in the forum so that it will count towards your savings in the rewards program. Everyone’s a winner!
Hope you want to play along.