These instructions are for Adobe Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.
- Go to Edit > Preset Manager. A Preset Manager Dialog Box will open
- Click LOAD and point your computer to the ABR file for the brushes you wish to use. Click OK.
- Your Preset Manager will now include thumbnails of the brushes you just loaded. Click DONE.
- Create a new layer in your document. (Layer > New > Layer)
- Select the Brush Tool (B). In the options toolbar, click the down arrow next to the current brush thumbnail.
- In the drop down menu, you can select your brush and set its size (master diameter). You can also adjust the size quickly by using the [ and ] keys.
- Once your brush is selected, click once to "stamp" the image on your blank layer. Click and drag to "paint" with your brush using your foreground color.
- Be sure to play with the settings in your PS Brushes Palette (Window > Brushes), or in your PSE "More Options" drop-down menu on the options toolbar. You can adjust the angle, size, spacing, and so much more.
- Brushes can also be used with many of the painting and retouching tools, such as the Eraser, Pencil, and Clone tools.